New 7mag

So I got to come home this morning and me and the girlfriend headed up to KGC. I looked at the 700's(no long range or sendero in stock), some of the savage 110's, the vanguards, and the bergaras. By far the most solid and quality feeling rifle was the bergara ridge with the hunter just behind it. That black speckled stock is just sweet looking. Unfortunately they did not have the ridge in 7 mag. But my GF liked them both so much and got excited about shooting them that she offered to make the hunter model in 7RM my christmas present. I'm a lucky guy.

Will do. I'll probably put a box of cheap stuff through it first to foul it up and get rough zero then I'll try and get a few different boxes of better ammo through to see how it does. I picked up some vortex pro series rings and will hopefully be picking up a egw HD pic base for it if buds has them. If not I'll order online

I have been looking for a 7mm to push heavy for caliber bullets and I just can't afford custom. After a long search I just yesterday purchased a Browning X-bolt Stalker Long Range in 7mm Rem Mag online from Cabela's, final cost $857.97 This rifle comes with a 26" heavy sporter barrel with 1 in 8 twist, a 5/8 x 24 threaded muzzle with brake and thread protector. Decent stock that is bedded to the action and a generous mag length for handloading the heavies. This rifle appears to have stellar reviews and I hope I'm as fortunate.

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2278547&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=b261b693ac10a85518ddd387519582d0&destination=/user/order_details.cmd?id=hvB4FrqUOMbrtVNEabwmrw%3D%3D&key=7501491210324d5e9a07c53dc6e40061

Got my scope mounted and leveled out. But I believe the medium rings are to high. Figured I'd have to make a raised cheek pad anyways but this seems excessively high for the scope. May need to switch to low rings.
EDIT: I need to figure out how to post some pictures lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.