71gr shock hammer in 6mm arc

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for some kind of starting point. Anyone have any ideas?

I have no idea what powders you have to work with but Hodgdon has quite a bit of data for the cartridge. Look at the 70g data and use those start loads to work up from.

Hey sir, I'm looking at my hornady reloading manual, as suggested by @Zen Archery, (one of my favorite youtube channels ever), and they have bullets in 65gr and 75gr. Gentlemen, because the powders they perform best with are different, I must ask, does the mono typically perform more like a bullet with similar B.C., or more like a bullet with similar length? In short, would you suggest a powder recommended for the 65gr or the 75gr for a 71gr shock hammer? I realize the answer to this will likely be an educated guess, but I'd trust your wisdom over my dice roll. Thank you.

Hey sir, I'm looking at my hornady reloading manual, as suggested by @Zen Archery, (one of my favorite youtube channels ever), and they have bullets in 65gr and 75gr. Gentlemen, because the powders they perform best with are different, I must ask, does the mono typically perform more like a bullet with similar B.C., or more like a bullet with similar length? In short, would you suggest a powder recommended for the 65gr or the 75gr for a 71gr shock hammer? I realize the answer to this will likely be an educated guess, but I'd trust your wisdom over my dice roll. Thank you.
That link that I posted has data from Hodgdon for 70g bullet that will line up pretty nicely. You might find it to be mild and need to push it a bit. Their start load will be a good mild start load to work up from.

That link that I posted has data from Hodgdon for 70g bullet that will line up pretty nicely. You might find it to be mild and need to push it a bit. Their start load will be a good mild start load to work up from.
Thank you sir

Recent Posts