6mm ARC

Ahhh makes a lot more sense. When I reload for my 30 Remington model 81 it struck me as an odd parent case.

Not trying to be a dick or start a fight but the 30AR Rem is 284 based. .473 headsize the 6.8spc is .422 head size.. is it a super rebated rim? I have never messed with a 6.8 SPC.
No big deal, actually you were right originally. The 30 Rem from 1906 is the parent case for the 6.8.

Yes sir...they are. I use the with my Grendel's without issue. MOA is fine for me...I kind of hope this barrel will be a bit better. I want to stretch it legs out to 600 yards.

My experiment with a 24" Grendel was never promising. It was just all over the place when it was windy at 400 yards.

I hope to pick up a little BC with 6mm bullets. Be nice to have a reliable 600 yard steel gun that doesn't burn up all my powder supply.

In the 24" I was shooting fairly light bullets 107gr TMK at 2680fps. The decent velocity didn't help over come the low BC bullet on windy days.

If it dont work out I can always screw the Grendel barrel back on.

Our hunt is going excellent. Wife made a nice shot today 381 yards...her new personal best.
View attachment 201797
I shoot the 107smk at 2980 in a 24" bolt gun. Stick a Grendel in a bolt gun it's a whole 'nother animal.

I had never even realized the 30 are existed. Interesting attempt at making a rounder wheel.
The AR-15 size rifle Remington built was a hybrid design. The shank, barrel extension, and bolt were much larger than a standard AR. If they would've supported it better we would've seen a whole slew of cool new Wildcats for that platform. CDNN has the 30 Rem AR upper and lower on sale right now but a barrel fit would have to be an expensive custom job.

No big deal, actually you were right originally. The 30 Rem from 1906 is the parent case for the 6.8.

I had never even realized the 30 are existed. Interesting attempt at making a rounder wheel.
The 30 AR: another really good cartridge that drowned in the waste water of big green marketing...