6mm ARC

jasonco

The 6mmARC from Hornady. Most interesting, as I'v a 6.5 Grendel and it wasn't earth moving for me and the 6AR seemed like a PITA to do the extra work. Hornady to the rescue, I like! Looking for an AR barrel & for a bolt barrel...

Flame away!

The 6mmARC from Hornady. Most interesting, as I'v a 6.5 Grendel and it wasn't earth moving for me and the 6AR seemed like a PITA to do the extra work. Hornady to the rescue, I like! Looking for an AR barrel & for a bolt barrel...

Flame away!

Brownells has barrels

1591207797873.png

I just got an e-mail on this one from brownells. This may make a fun little setup for PRC matches, in an AR-15 platform. I am interested to see where it goes. I see on the website that Brownells only has in stock the 16-20" barrel. I may wait for the 24" to become available.

Looked at what the Hornady boys did with the cartridge/bore, it's REALLY close to a neck-down, WITHOUT being a neck-down! When looking at SAAMI Specs, side by side, with the 6.5 Grendel. I'm just appreciate that I can get "6mm Grendel" factory loading stuff. I already have a 6.5CM AR10 and it's on the heavy side and my 6.5 Grendel is a light handy AR15, soon to be a 6mm ARC, when I get a barrel.

you just contradicted yourself.
52k is plenty for a gas gun but a 223 is FIFTYFIVE K
AND
308 WIN,,,READ AR10 IS 62K.....
like I said
DOA at 52k
52K is saami max for the 6.5 Grendel & plenty for a gas gun. 223 Rem. saami max is 55k its done ok...

Man, I FINALLY get to say I had something before it was cool!!!! I've been shooting a 6 predator for a couple years now. Which is essentially a 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm. It does everything a 6.5 Grendel can do, as good or better.