Hornady 6mm ARC

It's basically a 6mm PPC blown out and given a useful shoulder angle. The rest of the world has called it 6mm Grendel or 6mm-264LBC or 6mm AR. Nothing special. If you think about it, it's just an AR compatible 6BR. I'd be happy as punch if POG's get this new thing but I think it'll be relegated to SOF for a long time. NATO is standardized on 5.56 and they're not going to re-equip that many millions of soldiers even if it's just a barrel/bolt/mag change.

PPC, arc and 6mmAR all have the same 30 degree shoulder and the same .43 shoulder diameter. The main difference is the length to the shoulder, 6 AR being the longest, ARC .030 shorter, and PPC another .040 shorter than that. My 6 AR does 2700 with 105s and 2830 with 95s at AR 15 pressure levels in my 20" BHW Barrel.

It's basically a 6mm PPC blown out and given a useful shoulder angle. The rest of the world has called it 6mm Grendel or 6mm-264LBC or 6mm AR. Nothing special. If you think about it, it's just an AR compatible 6BR. I'd be happy as punch if POG's get this new thing but I think it'll be relegated to SOF for a long time. NATO is standardized on 5.56 and they're not going to re-equip that many millions of soldiers even if it's just a barrel/bolt/mag change.
So the 6mm ARC has a much more useful 30 degree shoulder than the 30 degree shoulder in the 6mm PPC?

It sounds like it might be a pretty cool chambering for an upper. If Hornady's support gets us more readily available mags, barrels and especially brass sounds like a win. I'll give one a try.