700 ADL build

asg1485

Hello..first post so bare with me. I have been reading as much as I possibly can. I have a 7mm mag. Platform to work with. I will be going with a douglas barrel. I live within an hour and I feel they are one of the key players in the game. Now, I need stock and trigger options. Want to stay on a budget as this gun will not be used often. Douglas will fit the barrel as well. Anything other info would be great. Obviously a scope rings etc but I want to build the gun first..
Thanks in advance

Hello..first post so bare with me. I have been reading as much as I possibly can. I have a 7mm mag. Platform to work with. I will be going with a douglas barrel. I live within an hour and I feel they are one of the key players in the game. Now, I need stock and trigger options. Want to stay on a budget as this gun will not be used often. Douglas will fit the barrel as well. Anything other info would be great. Obviously a scope rings etc but I want to build the gun first..
Thanks in advance

Will this be a hunting rifle, or a range toy? Reason I ask, is weight will determine what stock you will want to use for it.

What contour barrel are you having put on? Heavy? Sporter?

Make sure Douglas trues the action, before fitting the barrel.

I would convert your ADL to a BDL (hinged floorplate) since that will only cost you about another $150 to your project total.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...magnum-adl-bdl-kit-sku078030115-340-1604.aspx

And If it's a hunting rifle, I would go with this stock...

Bell & Carlson Medalist

It will be a bit of both..mostly hunting. Want to have a gun I can take N American game at long range!
Will be going with a heavy barrel and douglas will be installing the barrel. Just getting me must have together.

I do have a mentor so to speak and a friend helping with reloads. He has a sendero so plan on keeping the specs like a sendero?? I spoke with douglas. Very helpful just not wanting to get carried away in the beginning. Its an expensive hobby and want to be realistic with a first build

+1 everything on that list is excellent. For a little less, if you can get away with the lower power, the 4-16x44 HS-T is $100 cheaper, but the 6-24x50 HS-T is a great long range scope!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.