Build dilema, 300wm dbm or adl? Mag lenght etc...

ohiohunter

OK, so I want to order my stock I originally wanted an adl, but now I am reconsidering. I think I want a dbm but I'd like a flush mount and a short magazine available for carrying. When I say short, I'd like it to be almost flush w/ the bottom of the stock. Plus I will be loading 215's so I'll need room in the mag box. What are my options?

I've been looking at what stocky's carries and the only on that may fit my build is the wyatt drop in, but I've read some not so impressive reviews. What do you tactical guys run? and what are your opinions?? Thanks guys.

Build: 300wm
A-3
215gr berger
700 action

ADL style is not my favorite. Longer COAL out to 3.85 was easy though. Gun shoots so it's staying.
Drop floor Mauser style BDL, Wby etc.. Wasn't much harder to setup for longer magazine fed.
DBM is dependent upon the magazine maker. My Wyatt's at 3.75 is 'OK' but the Mark V action can go much longer as can the big Hall E action. AICS or Seekins at 3.81 or longer are unobtainable AFAIK.

My favorite action for removable and safe is the model 88 Winchester lever action, rotating bolt. Bummer mine is a short action. Great that in 284 it shoots 120 TTSX lights out.

The best DBM design is arguably the Blaser.

More info than needed but IIWM go BDL and keep looking for DBM that suits your needs.

I may be limited on how much I'm able to alter the stock as I will most likely order a mickey Edge, and I don't think those are easy (or recommended) to alter for fitting. So I'm thinking the stock may need to be somewhat built around the bottom metal.

For the 215's loaded long, what should I expect (roughly) in length overall??

What is the action?

As for COAL with 215s, completely depends on the reamer.

Rem 700

I know it depends where the reamer, but on avg most guys are loading them to what? 3.8" ish??

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.