ADL, BDL, or DBM??

ohiohunter

My orginal plan was to go with adl style blind mag, but I'd like to hear opinions about the other styles. I want to keep the rifle light and accurate. I've read the ADL is the strongest and lightest design of them b/c there are no voids in the stock.

This is a 300wm build. I imagine I can get extended boxes for all of the above. I'm content w/ 3 shot repeater so no need for a bulky DBM.

I really like the DBM myself for several reasons, ease of loading, speed of loading, ease of unloading. I don't like carrying loose ammo so I carry a couple of these loaded.
As far as a stock being stronger, IMO , I have trouble thinking that the stock would be that much stronger with that small amount of wood/composite material below the internal magazine.
Therefore , looking at my list of pros and cons, it is an easy decision for me.

One thing to consider would be the COAL. If using Berger bullets. An internal mag may give you a small amount of extra length that may be needed for seating depth.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts