adl/bdl

Walker1

I am just curious what the difference is? I have been hunting/shooting most of my life. Just been reading some of the posts on this forum and now am curious.

I am just curious what the difference is? I have been hunting/shooting most of my life. Just been reading some of the posts on this forum and now am curious.

The BDL Remingtion is just a deluxe model with a drop away floor plate and normaly
a tip cap and grip cap (Fake ebony)with a little beter grade of wood.

The ADL is very plain but some like it better because without the opening in the bottom
of the stock it is said to be stronger.

All of the metal work is the same (Barrel and action) with different finishes on them.

J E CUSTOM

Thanks, I figured it had to do with drop plate. I never owned a remington so I thought I would ask.

At least theoritically the ADL configuration without the "bottom metal" should be lighter and stiffer. I've had both, and don't know that I buy the stiffer part, but for a light mountain rifle I've gone the ADL-configuration route.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.