Bdl or dbm for hunting build

I have two GAP 300 WMs both cut with the reamer they call the naval special warfare reamer. One of the rifles is DBL with the shorter 3.715 AICS mags which allows me to use the smaller three round mag for hunting. The other is BDL with a Wyatt box. I run 215s in both. I believe my longer COAL length is 3.625 inches. One rifle likes .075 jump and the other .035 jump but I think the 215s are a little more forgiving than a lot of the Bergers.
As pointed out earlier in the thread, what COAL length you'll need depends on the reamer and what your throat is. Unless you have a really long throat, both DBL and BDL should work if you choose the right components.
It is interesting to see other 300WM shooters pondering the 300 PRC switch dilemma. I was considering the same thing this morning but find it hard to justify changing when I have rifles that shoot well and the set up to load them. It isn't like the PRC would allow me to hunt something locally that I can't with the 300 WMs.

Thank you everyone! I think I'm leaning more towards the bdl! I love a removable mag but I believe in he long run I'll prefer a bdl style in a hunting rifle

Well my current build is coming to an end and ready to start collecting the parts to the next build. I'm 90% sure on my parts but haven't decided on weather I should go with bdl or dbm.
Build is going be a mid weight big game 300. Win mag build.

my question is, what Is your overall length with the 215's? I know I can get 3.850 with cip accurate mags, and watts makes all sorts of bdl box sizes. I want to make sure if I go one route ovrr the other I'll have room for the 215's!
Detachable Box mag if I was building it.
I am going to build a 338 Win Mag and put a detachable box mag on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.