Defiance tenacity or bighorn origin for hunting rifle build

Hey guys, I think I have finally decided to go with a custom action for a new hunting rifle.. I really want to keep it around 900 for the action so I was really looking st the defiance tenacity or big horn origin.. there isn't much real world info out there about the defiance but there is decent amount(all good) about the bighorn.. what are your guys thoughts?

I have been running a Defiance Deviant Tactical on my 6BR & love it, it is more expensive than the price range you are looking for though, but I would say you can't go wrong with a Defiance Action & their customer service is top notch.

Last edited:
Defiance is on the shelf at Bugholes (Southern Precision Rifles) where I bought mine. I cannot speak for the Bighorn as I bought mine from someone who bought several and didn't use one.

Defiance is on the shelf at Bugholes (Southern Precision Rifles) where I bought mine. I cannot speak for the Bighorn as I bought mine from someone who bought several and didn't use one.
Does that person have anymore bighorn they didnt use? lol

how do you know bugholes has some on the shelf? the website says out of stock?
Ok sorry they may be out now since I bought one lol. I just know they normally have several in stock. May want to call and see when they expect some for the shelf. They normally keep a good stock of barrels and actions. I'm just a customer so no affiliation.

I have a tenacity and my Brother has the bighorn and I like the Tenacity Better but you won't be disappointed with either one. The Tenacity is a bit smoother. If you think you are going to swap barrels a lot maybe you would be better off with the bighorn because you have more availability of options and you can just swap the bolt head instead of the whole bolt.

I have the deviant, getting a custom rifle built on a tenacity. I had a bighorn, but it was stolen out of my truck!! :mad: I loved that rifle! Great action. Not going to lie, though, my defiance is pretty hard to beat.

I had a Stiller TAC30 that would bind. I asked for help from Stiller, and no replies after three phone calls, and two emails. So thanks, but no thanks.

I have the deviant, getting a custom rifle built on a tenacity. I had a bighorn, but it was stolen out of my truck!! :mad: I loved that rifle! Great action. Not going to lie, though, my defiance is pretty hard to beat.

I had a Stiller TAC30 that would bind. I asked for help from Stiller, and no replies after three phone calls, and two emails. So thanks, but no thanks.

Someone stole the forever rifle?!

Someone stole the forever rifle?!

Yes, it happened right after leaving the range. I stopped at GNC on the way home.
I think I pressed the unlock button instead of lock my truck. I saw the lights flash and walked into GNC. Then didn't immediately unpack my truck (for like an hour) when I got home bc I have needy little toddlers. I walked back out and that rifle and my custom 10/22 were stolen along with a government computer. It either happened at GNC or at my house.

I was so ****ed off that I felt dizzy. It was the first time in my life I actually wanted to kill someone. It was probably the most disrespectful thing I've ever had done to me. The trigger is set at under a pound so I'm hoping the clown doesn't realize it and kills himself.

Hey guys, I think I have finally decided to go with a custom action for a new hunting rifle.. I really want to keep it around 900 for the action so I was really looking st the defiance tenacity or big horn origin.. there isn't much real world info out there about the defiance but there is decent amount(all good) about the bighorn.. what are your guys thoughts?

Haven't had a defiance but my primary hunting rig was 'smithed by Jon Beanland on a Bighorn Origin action. I like it a bunch. It is smooth, and feeds and extracts well. I really like the controlled round feed on the Origin and if the Tenacity doesn't have that, that would definitely push me toward the Origin.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.