Defiance tenacity or bighorn origin for hunting rifle build

Yes, it happened right after leaving the range. I stopped at GNC on the way home.
I think I pressed the unlock button instead of lock my truck. I saw the lights flash and walked into GNC. Then didn't immediately unpack my truck (for like an hour) when I got home bc I have needy little toddlers. I walked back out and that rifle and my custom 10/22 were stolen along with a government computer. It either happened at GNC or at my house.

I was so *Rule 4 Violation*ed off that I felt dizzy. It was the first time in my life I actually wanted to kill someone. It was probably the most disrespectful thing I've ever had done to me. The trigger is set at under a pound so I'm hoping the clown doesn't realize it and kills himself.

Well that just makes me sick, sorry to hear that.

If your not going to spring the little bit of extra cash to get a tl3 or other top tier action I would seriously consider the Kelbly Atlas action. They are $895. I would own one before buy an origin. FWIW I'm a Bighorn guy.

Joe S

Hey guys, I think I have finally decided to go with a custom action for a new hunting rifle.. I really want to keep it around 900 for the action so I was really looking st the defiance tenacity or big horn origin.. there isn't much real world info out there about the defiance but there is decent amount(all good) about the bighorn.. what are your guys thoughts?

Not a 100% sure but doesn't deviance make bighorn actions. I know they make a variety of other actions for people. With that said I own a defiance and the action is top notch and the customer service is top of the line.

Not a 100% sure but doesn't deviance make bighorn actions. I know they make a variety of other actions for people. With that said I own a defiance and the action is top notch and the customer service is top of the line.
Bighorn is made by Zermatt arms in Nebraska, deviant, tenacity made by Defiance in Montana.

If your not going to spring the little bit of extra cash to get a tl3 or other top tier action I would seriously consider the Kelbly Atlas action. They are $895. I would own one before buy an origin. FWIW I'm a Bighorn guy.

Joe S
Why would you consider the atlas before the origin?

I think it's a better action at the same price. It does not have the ability to switch heads or order prefits but it's a nicer action. I've studied both side by side. My humble opinion.

Why would you consider the atlas before the origin?

I think it's a better action at the same price. It does not have the ability to switch heads or order prefits but it's a nicer action. I've studied both side by side. My humble opinion.
That's the kind of answer I was looking for honest.. I'm not partial to any of them and I'm sure I will be happy with any of them. Just looking for everyone's thoughts!

That's the kind of answer I was looking for honest.. I'm not partial to any of them and I'm sure I will be happy with any of them. Just looking for everyone's thoughts!

Honestly, with these custom actions you're splitting hairs. For what you want to use it for you won't notice a difference. At this point you're getting everyone's personal preference for whatever feature they are looking for. Like a guy might like bighorn bc of its Flexibility with bolt heads and barrel swaps while another guy likes defiance for its smoothness and devilish good looks (at least that's what the ladies tell me ;)). Anyway, between the Kelbly, defiance, or bighorn you'll be happy.

Its pretty much personal preference. After having some great support on an Origin I bought that came short of one scope rail screw, I'll go with Bighorn over others. They didn't need to pay for 2nd day air to get me the screw, and I didn't even ask for nor expect that, they just wanted to ensure I was all sorted out ASAP.

Just bought a TL3 as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.