7 twist 25-06ai bullet choices

For the most part. There are some exceptions. From the powders you listed Rl23 would be my first choice. I used that in my 25-06 and it got me some great speed and accuracy.
I'll keep that in mind, the Ramshot Magnum I think burns even slower so maybe start with testing both. Im all ears on powder choice while Im figuring out first which bullet to start with. Im pretty certain its gonna be the 127HHT after all thats what I got the 7 twist for the heavy options. Part of me also is curious about going a little bit lighter and seeing what screaming velocities I can get but favoring the heavies.

I'll buck the status quo here and say HHs didn't work in my 7 twist 25SST. And before people ask, yes it is an 7 twist, even tested with the shooting rod method. Only gun I have that HHs don't shoot great in. I was dead set on using the 128, but gave up after barely being able to break 1 MOA. I tried seating depth, different powders, different primers, only thing that got me under 1 MOA was having a huge jump. I switch to the 117AH and same thing. Now I shoot the 135/133 Bergers. Same POI for both and shoot 3/8-1/4 MOA out to 500yds, so I'm happy with that.
Only have a sample size of 1 when it comes to killing with the 133. It killed, but didn't get the same bang flop I always get with the 115 Berger out of my 25-06. Hope to test it out again this winter.
If you're wanting monos and having issues with the HHs try the SBDIIs. Good BC for a mono and they shot 1/4 MOA out of my gun, at least at 100 yds. Never took them further.
Ryan

I'm gonna try Retumbo, H1000, Rl26 and Rl23. I have H4350 also, but it might be too fast for the heavies.
Try H4831SC. The H powder are not as temp sensitive as Reloader powders. Presenly having a 25/280AI built. In 7-1 twist rate. Haven't figure just what weight bullet I am going to use. yet. I have 6mm/280AI built, but haven't completed my reloading shack yet. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll get that done.

I'm just seeing this thread and I'm glad to see I'm not the only guy jumping on the 25-06 AI train. I have one with a 10 twist but have a Model 70 action and 7 twist carbon barrel with my gunsmith waiting to get chambered. I have tried most of the aforementioned bullets out of a fast twist .257 Weatherby. The Hammer bullets shot much better for me. Likely because feeding from the mag, I had over .200's jump with the bergers. The jump did not effect the hammer's accuracy. It wasn't good for the bergers.

The only powder I have not seen mentioned here that I suspect would be excellent is Staball HD. It's basically a ball powder Retumbo. I'm getting 3,300 fps with 120 partitions using that powder out of a 26 inch Hart barrel. The case is filled all the way to the lower portion of the neck, no pressure.

Try H4831SC. The H powder are not as temp sensitive as Reloader powders. Presenly having a 25/280AI built. In 7-1 twist rate. Haven't figure just what weight bullet I am going to use. yet. I have 6mm/280AI built, but haven't completed my reloading shack yet. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll get that done.
Reloader 15.5, 16 and 23 are right there with the Hodgdon Extreme line of powders regarding temperature stability.

The 110gr BD II has had my eye for a while.! Need to get some.
The 110 BD2 is a fantastic bullet for high speed 257s. The BC is the best you'll find in it's weight class and it'll perform well under any situation.

I shot this buck at 45 yards. He was bedded and I severely quartered away. He somehow stood up and stumbled a few yards after the shot, but he was a scrambled mess inside. There's no way I would've taken that shot with a cup and core bullet.
1000006213.jpg

***Edit... 257wby, 1:7 twist, MV 3450

I'm just seeing this thread and I'm glad to see I'm not the only guy jumping on the 25-06 AI train. I have one with a 10 twist but have a Model 70 action and 7 twist carbon barrel with my gunsmith waiting to get chambered. I have tried most of the aforementioned bullets out of a fast twist .257 Weatherby. The Hammer bullets shot much better for me. Likely because feeding from the mag, I had over .200's jump with the bergers. The jump did not effect the hammer's accuracy. It wasn't good for the bergers.

The only powder I have not seen mentioned here that I suspect would be excellent is Staball HD. It's basically a ball powder Retumbo. I'm getting 3,300 fps with 120 partitions using that powder out of a 26 inch Hart barrel. The case is filled all the way to the lower portion of the neck, no pressure.
I will have my 25 Sherman in a bit. I went with a Bartlein gain twist, 1:9 - 1-8@26".
thanks for the suggestion on the powder. It is available at my local gun shop.

If you want max velo with the 110-115grs I got it from R19 and Fed 215m.
up in the 3500's, but the temp stability appears to be an issue.
R23 is likely a well rounded versatile choice.