trajectory 25-06AI

harfman99

My pops and I were at the range the other day working with my wife's 25-06 AI. We were fire forming brass, gun juicing and breaking in the barrel. The fire form loads were hornady 117 spbt and 49 grns of IMR 4350 averaging 3000 fps. I had loaded up some fire formed brass with 63 grns of Retumbo and 115 berger vld's around 3400. I was using the same target and noticed that the bergers hit the target 2 inches lower than the hornadys. the question is i thought this would be the other way around. or am i missing something here. Any help would be great Thanks
Chris

The barrel vibrations that occur during firing are more than might seem obvious. So the higher velocity bullet is being released at a different point in the vibration cycle. As long as the accuracy is there, it doesn't matter.

The barrel vibrations that occur during firing are more than might seem obvious. So the higher velocity bullet is being released at a different point in the vibration cycle. As long as the accuracy is there, it doesn't matter.

He is correct, but that is not to say that the Bergers won't cary better. After the initial sight in at , say 100 yards, the Bergers will cary better than the hornady's due to the low drag and the higher FPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.