7 twist 25-06ai bullet choices

Koda_

I'm contemplating bullet options for my new 7 twist 25-06ai. For those of you running a fast twist 25-06 what bullet are you running and what velocity are you getting?

I intend to use 135 LRHT in a 25 Max when Manners gets my stock built. So I'm curious for some of the same info. My options are 7.25-7.5-8tw

When I get my 25-06ai back from the gunsmith, I plan on trying 133 Bergers, 128 HHT's and the 120 HHTs to see which one shoots better.
Im looking closely at the 127HHT, 120HHT and the 117AH.
The 127 is a long bullet so it will seat deeper into the case so Im wondering if that will cut down on velocity potential to stabilize it. Using the Berger stability calculator shows it will be stable down to 2900fps, ive never loaded that heavy before in the 25-06 so I dont know what the heavies will get.

Is it advantageous to lengthen the throat for the long monos? Ive never looked into it.
Ive never done this before but from what Ive looked into it is very advantageous. Ive read its not ideal for the bullet to protrude deeper into the case past the shoulder area, I do know from experience that seating longer gave me more velocity without pressure (in another caliber...).
The trade off is if you ever decided to shoot the lighter bullets they would have a really long jump. Not certain thats a big deal and I didnt get a 7 twist to shoot the featherweights anyways.

The only thing you got to worry about is mag length. Don't know about the AI, but before I sent my rifle to the smith, touching the lands with the 133 bergers in the 25-06 barrel, the rounds didn't fit in my mag. If the AI is the same, I shouldn't have a problem loading long. I just need to modify my mag, but that is an easy fix.

The only thing you got to worry about is mag length. Don't know about the AI, but before I sent my rifle to the smith, touching the lands with the 133 bergers in the 25-06 barrel, the rounds didn't fit in my mag. If the AI is the same, I shouldn't have a problem loading long. I just need to modify my mag, but that is an easy fix.
Ive got a ton of room in my mag so I dont think it will be an issue. Im guessing my rounds could move fore and aft about half an inch...

I'm gonna try Retumbo, H1000, Rl26 and Rl23. I have H4350 also, but it might be too fast for the heavies.

I'm gonna try Retumbo, H1000, Rl26 and Rl23. I have H4350 also, but it might be too fast for the heavies.
Im not the most experienced handloader, if I understand correct you want a slower powder for heavier bullets and a faster powder for lighter bullets?

For the most part. There are some exceptions. From the powders you listed Rl23 would be my first choice. I used that in my 25-06 and it got me some great speed and accuracy.