7 saum load data for 162 & 175 eldx

I went to the Hodgdon site, selected 7rsaum and no powder to be selected in 6.5, match or hd staball.

I went to the Hodgdon site, selected 7rsaum and no powder to be selected in 6.5, match or hd staball.
I interpolate it with the Nosler site, and occasionally back it up elsewhere. I got some helpful information from guys who had the Sierra app, but the data was way too hot, like not even close for me with the 175.

6.5 SB you can carefully use h4350 or RL 16 starting data, just work up slow. That's how I made my Hammer data with RL 16. 6.5 has been out for years, match and HD are way too new to have Saum data on, but I like the point about bugging them. They want to sell stuff after all.

You'll probably fall in love with the 26, but I can't even cause a bad result with h4831. Creepy accurate across every combo I tried and fast enough, as you say. In my gun it was peaky with the 175, but still accurate. RL16 has been insane for the light bullets in both accuracy and speed, I doubt 4350 would let you down. Both Hodgdon and Nosler data have been trustworthy in my case, they both show 4350 class as great below 145, 4831 catches up around 150g, and pulls away above 165. But like you say those are differences that only matter beyond your ranges. Way beyond. If you're going for raw accuracy and don't need maxed out ballistics h4831 has been my one stop shop.
Yes. H4831sc I've used in several guns and has always been a performer. It one of my 2 or 3 powders I'm going to try in this gun

probably going to first try h4831sc with the 162

then rl 26 and h4350 in the 175.

I expected the rl 26 powder to be faster
but I've had such good luck with h4350 and 180 bullets I've got to try that combo.
with the 4350 I'm hoping to get 2750+\~
rl 26 hopefully faster with same accuracy

but again I'm not chasing speed.
I will keep a detailed log and post finding.

gun is 1:8 twist so all good there.

Yes. H4831sc I've used in several guns and has always been a performer. It one of my 2 or 3 powders I'm going to try in this gun

probably going to first try h4831sc with the 162

then rl 26 and h4350 in the 175.

I expected the rl 26 powder to be faster
but I've had such good luck with h4350 and 180 bullets I've got to try that combo.
with the 4350 I'm hoping to get 2750+\~
rl 26 hopefully faster with same accuracy

but again I'm not chasing speed.
I will keep a detailed log and post finding.

gun is 1:8 twist so all good there.
Me personally, I wouldn't bother with the 4350 on the 175. I mean, I love tinkering so I get it but I had heard from guys like Nate Foster that the 175 eldx is a little stiff in the barrel, maximally sized I think he said, and the result is peaky pressures. That was certainly my finding, even with 40 thou jump. ymmv of course, just a heads up. I was grateful for the warning to not just use regular 175 data. I barely got off the start data with h4831 and didn't get much better with 7977. The heavier 180 was a completely different story, super easy to get along with. But some guns love the 175 and it is a heck of a bullet, maybe yours will let you use the faster powder. Looking forward to your findings.

Me personally, I wouldn't bother with the 4350 on the 175. I mean, I love tinkering so I get it but I had heard from guys like Nate Foster that the 175 eldx is a little stiff in the barrel, maximally sized I think he said, and the result is peaky pressures. That was certainly my finding, even with 40 thou jump. ymmv of course, just a heads up. I was grateful for the warning to not just use regular 175 data. I barely got off the start data with h4831 and didn't get much better with 7977. The heavier 180 was a completely different story, super easy to get along with. But some guns love the 175 and it is a heck of a bullet, maybe yours will let you use the faster powder. Looking forward to your findings.
Interesting on the 175 and 4350. Not heard that. I've read a lot of articles on 4350 and Berger's 180 being really good.

you had any luck with h1000. Seem some use it.
thxs

I interpolate it with the Nosler site, and occasionally back it up elsewhere. I got some helpful information from guys who had the Sierra app, but the data was way too hot, like not even close for me with the 175.

6.5 SB you can carefully use h4350 or RL 16 starting data, just work up slow. That's how I made my Hammer data with RL 16. 6.5 has been out for years, match and HD are way too new to have Saum data on, but I like the point about bugging them. They want to sell stuff after all.
Yes. My experience with Sierra data has always run hot. I do like the starting point of there data. You was at one time able to get there App and look at there data but they have since removed that app. Shame. I have that app on an old phone and still reference it.

Yes. My experience with Sierra data has always run hot. I do like the starting point of there data. You was at one time able to get there App and look at there data but they have since removed that app. Shame. I have that app on an old phone and still reference it.
Sierra across the board or just 7saum? With #5 book w/264wm 140's using imr4831 their max is at 60.8grs. I've been using 61.3 for decades (almost 4 decades in a '61 mod70).

cant speak on all cartridges but from my experience more time than not it's a little hot

but again I always start low and worked up. This is from my own experience. Been reloading for 35 years and most powders chargers typically are on the mild side From reload books.

But all guns are different and powder.
with that I found Sierra a good starting point as any with load data and weight.

In my 7mm RSAUM, I've loaded the Hornady 162 ELDX up to 65.0gr H1000 using Remington brass, F210gmm primers with OAL right at 3.0175". Shoots 1/2 MOA @ 2830 fps from a 17.5" Bartlein 5R barrel.

H1000 give me better velocity than H4831sc with similar accuracy (slight edge to H4831sc in my limited testing).

With a Berger 168 VLDH, I've been up to 68.0gr H1000, with a WLR and Rem brass, and 1/2 MOA accuracy. Playing around with COAL has netted me 1/4 MOA.

I've not shot any bullet heavier that 168, and likely won't with my setup.

Interesting on the 175 and 4350. Not heard that. I've read a lot of articles on 4350 and Berger's 180 being really good.

you had any luck with h1000. Seem some use it.
thxs
It's literally just the one 175 7mm eldx as an outlier, heavy jacket and almost oversized. Compared to the 180 eldm and even more so the Berger it's just a harder pill to ram down the barrel. Not everyone gets that result, but I did. My understanding is that the berger is low engraving/low contact so it makes sense it takes to h4350 well.

Never tried 1000 but I did try 7977, supposedly a direct equivalent. Didn't get much joy. Didn't have a chrono at the time but I got poor obturation and much, much worse accuracy during ladder testing. As in twice the spread or more with no observed nodes. Probably could have used mag primers but I'm short action anyway, it wasn't ever going to gain me a lot.

It's literally just the one 175 7mm eldx as an outlier, heavy jacket and almost oversized. Compared to the 180 eldm and even more so the Berger it's just a harder pill to ram down the barrel. Not everyone gets that result, but I did. My understanding is that the berger is low engraving/low contact so it makes sense it takes to h4350 well.

Never tried 1000 but I did try 7977, supposedly a direct equivalent. Didn't get much joy. Didn't have a chrono at the time but I got poor obturation and much, much worse accuracy during ladder testing. As in twice the spread or more with no observed nodes. Probably could have used mag primers but I'm short action anyway, it wasn't ever going to gain me a lot.
I have 1# of 7977 that was going to be used in 264wm, but no telling what I'm going to do with it!