7mm SAUM load data 168 or 175 ABLR’s

BuckeyeRifleman

Slapping a new barrel on my TL3 short action for hunting and chose a 22in 1/8.4in proof barrel in 7 SAUM. I've managed to hunt down 168 gr Accubond LR's and 175 gr Accubond LR's. This will be my go to elk and mule deer rifle.

Need to work up a load and I think powder will be my constraint at this point. I'd love to get some Reloader 23 to mess around with but good luck finding it at this point.

I've got the following on hand already...
~4lbs of H4350
~5lbs of IMR 4451
1lb of H4381SC

Anyone have some recommended loads with the above components?

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/7mm-remington-saum/

I've crossed referenced their data as well as I can and Nosler's is 1)free 2) more conservative than IMR/Hodgdon 3) agrees perfectly with almost all the few other published data sources for this weight class.

I'm about to try the same thing, 168 ABLR and 175 ELDX with h4831 and 7977, but I can't find anything for 7977. You should be able to find a good load with 4350 I would think, even if it's not up at the speeds people get with h1000.

The Sierra Reloading app shows H4831sc to give more velocity over H4350 for both the 168gr and 175gr bullet, 4451 isn't listed. If you want the all the data shoot me a PM.

Stay safe

The Sierra Reloading app shows H4831sc to give more velocity over H4350 for both the 168gr and 175gr bullet, 4451 isn't listed. If you want the all the data shoot me a PM.
Stay safe
Is 7977 listed by any chance? I can't find that anywhere

I don't have the numbers in front of me but QL shows good numbers for RL 26 as well. I'm thinking of loading rl26 as I have 6 pounds on hand. I have 3ish pounds of H1k but really want to save it for my 30 nosler.

I've read nothing but good about using h1k in the 7 saum but not sure if it's the best combo for a 20 inch barrel.

I've also read good reports of RL23.

Bump for more replies. Unfortunately what I've got powder wise is what I've got. Would love to get my hands on more H4381 or Reloader 23 but that's probably not going to happen unless I get lucky.

Thinking of working up a load with the 168s and the H4350.

I know H4381SC is probably more ideal burn rate wise, but with only a lb of powder I don't want to settle on a load then not have enough components left over.

I'd prefer to use the 175s this fall, but I feel like the 168s would be a better match with the faster H4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.