7 SAUM load data

Is that seating depth correct?
It is. I had a small seating node close to the lands. And a wide node .30 wide from .65 to .95 off the lands. There is typically one node close and 1 off the lands. The one farther of isn't always the absolute most accurate, but it's usually far more consistent over the course of a match.

All seat does is "time" the load. Or time the bullets exit from the barrel.
Your want the bullet to exit at the optimal moment when there is reduced harmonics at the muzzle.
I can usually find this timing cycle twice in a seating test.

Here's my F-class load.
ADG - 180 hybrid- .75 jump - 58 N555 - Fed 210
Bartlien 30" 1:8.4 TW. Chrono 100 shots in strings of 20 in 100 degree weather. ES 25.2 SD 5.5 - 2930 fps

here's a picture of 24 shots from my seating test at 1000 yards. It's a 6.5-inch by 4.6 inch group. Within the group is a 3 shot 2.3 X .85 Inch group that was the .75 jump I ended up using.
Do you change barrels a lot throughout the year? Do you always use the same reamer?

Do you change barrels a lot throughout the year? Do you always use the same reamer?
This was my first year, It was a SAAMI spec reamer (cut by unknown munitions) put on my hunting action (Zermatt arms Bighorn Origin) a used F-class stock (didn't fit me) and a TT diamond trigger. I only used 1 barrel, just retired it with 2,000 rounds on it at the end of my last match at Rattlesnake where I placed 2nd.

I am just finishing 2 custom rifles actually built for f-class and that fit me. I have 4 barrels cut using the same reamer specifically for the 180 hybrid. I am testing the 7RSAUM against the new 7PRCW (6.5 PRC necked up to .284). Whichever I end up sticking with I will use that reamer going forward

This was my first year, It was a SAAMI spec reamer (cut by unknown munitions) put on my hunting action (Zermatt arms Bighorn Origin) a used F-class stock (didn't fit me) and a TT diamond trigger. I only used 1 barrel, just retired it with 2,000 rounds on it at the end of my last match at Rattlesnake where I placed 2nd.

I am just finishing 2 custom rifles actually built for f-class and that fit me. I have 4 barrels cut using the same reamer specifically for the 180 hybrid. I am testing the 7RSAUM against the new 7PRCW (6.5 PRC necked up to .284). Whichever I end up sticking with I will use that reamer going forward
Keep us up to date on how it all goes! Wishing you the best of luck man!

Is that seating depth correct?
Not Likely. Say it isn't so !! 😳

.075 not .75 ?

It is. I had a small seating node close to the lands. And a wide node .30 wide from .65 to .95 off the lands. There is typically one node close and 1 off the lands. The one farther of isn't always the absolute most accurate,

.03, .065, .095. Maybe?

Put the Tape Measure away !!!!
& Back up Slowly. 😜

I saw pressure signs with mild ejector marks at 65.5ish of h1000. Bolt got a tiny bit sticky on the 4th or so round. That is why I backed off to 64ish. Gotta love the SAUMs. My 20" proof was shooting 64.5 at 2795fps. Curious how much faster yours will be with the extra 2".
Went out and shot the 7SAUM and at 64.5 it was 2,900 FPS.

OP, Apologies for my brief sidetrack.

For any of you 7 SAUM guys that may be interested.

Now back to the regular scheduled programming 😉

Last edited: