7 mm ulta mag case.

ann brezinski

sirs,
if I took my reading 7 mm form die what would I have if I moved the shoulder back to where the the Remington 7 mm mag case is ,how would this work for a long range hunting gun .I am trying to get away from the belt on the mags and increase case capacity.
gary b

If you shortened it to the case capacity of a 7mm stw. That would make an awesome cartridge. I have a stw and love it except I have to run mine single shot because of the length( it likes 180 bergers waaay out). The ultra is fatter and it would end up shorter oal. I also don't care for the belt.

If you shortened it to the case capacity of a 7mm stw. That would make an awesome cartridge. I have a stw and love it except I have to run mine single shot because of the length( it likes 180 bergers waaay out). The ultra is fatter and it would end up shorter oal. I also don't care for the belt.

That would be a fun cartridge if you cut the length down to the STW case capacity with a 40* shoulder.

I have to do the same with my STW's with 180 Bergers. They prefer to be almost touching the lands.

I don't care for the belt (being outdated technology), but it doesn't bother me, because none of mine have ever had any belt issues.

seems to be a lot of this since 26 nosler came out. working on 30 and 7mm but shortening only to 300 win mag length. have 30 cal cases formed hoping to shoot this week. case capacity should end up around 102 grains h2o.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.