Spring Bear 2024

Just a little 160lb boy this year with my good old rem 700 3006. Caught him flipping logs right at the snow line. 10 years 10 spot and successful stalks in a row.
1000005886.jpg

Got back Sunday from 5 days in SW Oregon. Saw zero bears, zero tracks, and zero scat. Green up wasn't quite there up on the hillsides yet, so I think they were all down in the jungles of the river bottoms, spent a lot of time with my glass pointed down there but still nothing. Oh, and it rained the whole time. The weather in the same area this week is of course sunny and nice.

Not the best hunt, but it still beat my best days at work!

Thanks memtb. I know thier thinking I'm full of it but 4 of use took 11 bears shortest was 9ft 6. 8 days of hunting. Kamchatka peninsula Russia. Hasn't been hunted 5 years. Since Cov-d and the Ukraine war. A real good friend of mine is partners with Arcqos outfitters. Kind of break the ice hunt trying to get Russia opened back up to U.S. hunters. You can shoot as many bears as you want. Just keep paying for them. There were only 4 of us for this year at camp. Next year they will only take eight. When I can figure out how to post pictures I will.