7 mm on the new weatherby 6.5 rpm

Look it up
It is a rebated rim and fat like the 6.5x284 but long like the 280 case.
Look it up
It is a rebated rim and fat like the 6.5x284 but long like the 280 case.
That's just another thread. I don't see it being much more than the 280ai. If it is it's not enough to justify. I can buy good brass for several other 7's that will do the same thing. This being a weatherby case will likely never be picked up by a good brass company like lapua and that is super important to be personally.

:)
Whether it's another thread or not, I think most of these LRH threads are pretty good.
You asked, "how much more" and that was a quick reference. The difference will vary a grain or 2 with different sources and different brands of brass. The point is they are not very close, you say in your opinion that it doesn't matter much, which I see no problem there but to another guy it would mean something if he wants more speed with a std. rim size, to each his own. Things are different these days, if alot of people like it, a brass company will pick it up.
But I have no dog in this, I like my 6.5 PRC and my 300WM, combined they do more for me than a single 7mm.

Last edited:
GIVEN THE 7 MM ON THIS ROUND HOW WOULD YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT A 14O THROUGH THE 180 GRAIN BULLETS WILL GO OUT OF A 26 INCH BARREL.

Meanwhile, I need another 300 WM.
kill bill tarantino GIF

yes you are right it is the 6.5 RPM...given its case design and its capacity what would be the projected speeds on bullets in the 150 to 175 grain weights be in your opions?thanks for your imput.i think it would be a hell of a wildcat and no belt or magnum bolt face.
yes you are right it is the 6.5 RPM...given its case design and its capacity what would be the projected speeds on bullets in the 150 to 175 grain weights be in your opions?thanks for your imput.i think it would be a hell of a wildcat and no belt or magnum bolt face.
There is one grain of water difference between the rpm case and the 7mm rem so the difference would be the action that you can use. At least that's the way it looks to me