Weatherby 6.5 RPM?

It seems many are missing point. It's not about the 6.5 RPM cartridge alone or the MK V Backcountry alone. It's about the combination. The RPM bests many new/new'ish 6.5 rounds ballistics and the Backcountry is lighter than many other mountain rifles. But having the RPM's reach in the Backcountry package in combination is the selling point. Yes, I bought one and killed an elk with it in September of '21. I'd previously killed elk for a decade with a Kimber Montana in .300WM. I've always been a CRF guy. But, I doubt I'll carry the Kimber again unless I'm in serious grizzly country. The new Weatherby "package" is a high performance winner. As always to each their own. Enjoy the hunt and the process leading to it.
Yes, Weatherby is selling a concept, not just a cartridge and it's a great combo, I certainly get that.
And it makes sense to me that they offered the cartridge only in the 6 lug MKV and did so long enough to "soak in" to the marketplace. I saw for sale that I should have grabbed and I don't know why I didn't.

But I do think it's about time to offer this round in the Vanguard and promote the cartridge in general. It appears to me at least that this could be the ultimate 6.5 round for the 30-06 bolt face actions out there. I have a M700 270, a safe queen at the moment. I am looking at building a Remage, with a 30-06 barrel, a 270 7.5 twist and a 6.5 RPM. As yet, I am not aware of any 6.5 RPM Remage barrels. It appears that I could outrun the 6.5PRC and do so with mild pressures.

I also believe the case would be great in 7mm and it would beat the 30-06AI a fair amt. but used in the same type/weight rifles.
Weatherby indicated there would be other calibers in this case but I bet with the inability to provide ammo well for what they already have it won't happen for a while! http://weatherbynation.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5f8lv9pi0h9t162um16edlrvmc&topic=21216.0

Yes, Weatherby is selling a concept, not just a cartridge and it's a great combo, I certainly get that.
And it makes sense to me that they offered the cartridge only in the 6 lug MKV and did so long enough to "soak in" to the marketplace. I saw for sale that I should have grabbed and I don't know why I didn't.

But I do think it's about time to offer this round in the Vanguard and promote the cartridge in general. It appears to me at least that this could be the ultimate 6.5 round for the 30-06 bolt face actions out there. I have a M700 270, a safe queen at the moment. I am looking at building a Remage, with a 30-06 barrel, a 270 7.5 twist and a 6.5 RPM. As yet, I am not aware of any 6.5 RPM Remage barrels. It appears that I could outrun the 6.5PRC and do so with mild pressures.

I also believe the case would be great in 7mm and it would beat the 30-06AI a fair amt. but used in the same type/weight rifles.
Weatherby indicated there would be other calibers in this case but I bet with the inability to provide ammo well for what they already have it won't happen for a while! http://weatherbynation.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=5f8lv9pi0h9t162um16edlrvmc&topic=21216.0
It's in the new mark v hunter that'll probably sell around 1200 +\-. Not much more that a vanguard and a much nice rifle.

Thanks for showing, if in fact I could pick one up for that price it might be worth doing, esp. if it is possible to get 1/2 MOA out of carefully prepared reloads.
The Remage can wait, I have already been waiting!!
I have a 6.5 PRC Vanguard now, I think it would be a good move up.

The MKV Hunter sure has a lot of features for the price. I saw 3 videos by one guy that tried the rifle, I hope it shoots better than this guy did, I don't know if he got a lemon or if he couldn't shoot. I guess I need to see more.

Likely so! In one video he complained about the "Ghetto Bags" he was using. Why not get the right equipment and then do the test.
Well, sometimes you just have to go with what you have.

It's taken me better than 30 years to figure out what I needed to get the best performance with every shot.

We have to remember nobody is born knowing all of this stuff nor blessed with unlimited money.

That being said, the only deer I shot at this year I had to shoot standing straight up leaning against a tree at about 347yards.

It died.😁

It will be obscure like the .340. The RPM will have its lovers.
But what an amazing obscurity ! The .340 Weatherby, along with the .330 Dakota, may well be the best cartridge out there for shooting at all distances at all NA game. The Mark V is an excellent very strong action. I think the RPM is a great addition, though I must state that the Mark V won't feed long heavy-for-caliber bullets, especially if they have round noses. Weatherby says the rifle wasn't developed for those rounds. But I have trouble imagining needing anything other than the 127 Barnes LRX.