Weatherby Mark V Carbonmark 6.5 RPM on the way.

340 in Va

Trying to get ahead of the game and would like to know what ammo and reloads work in the 6.5 RPM. Does anyone make bushing dies? Also, have you bedded the action and how and was there any improvement. Thanks for the help.

would like to know what ammo and reloads work in the 6.5 RPM

Any ammunition and reloads 'work' in a rifle properly chambered for this cartridge.

In order to find the ammunition or reloads which work the best in your rifle you need to do the appropriate testing for that determination.

In this day and age of high priced ammunition and components, we'd all like to take short cuts in order to save dollars. However that rarely if ever works to our advantage. You might occasionally get close to a good load using someone else's data but you still need to test. Testing takes shooting and shooting costs money.

I have both the Weatherby brass and Peterson brass. So far I like the Peterson better.

Check some of the ammunition and brass prices on AmmoSeek:

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.5-weatherby-rpm

I've been shooting 2 rifles:

1 using a 1:8" twist and the Scirocco II 130 gr.

1 using a 1:7" twist and the Badlands 135 gr. Super BD2

I'm also shooting the 6.5-300 Weatherby...:eek::)

Enjoy the process!

Any ammunition and reloads 'work' in a rifle properly chambered for this cartridge.

In order to find the ammunition or reloads which work the best in your rifle you need to do the appropriate testing for that determination.

In this day and age of high priced ammunition and components, we'd all like to take short cuts in order to save dollars. However that rarely if ever works to our advantage. You might occasionally get close to a good load using someone else's data but you still need to test. Testing takes shooting and shooting costs money.

I have both the Weatherby brass and Peterson brass. So far I like the Peterson better.

Check some of the ammunition and brass prices on AmmoSeek:

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/6.5-weatherby-rpm

I've been shooting 2 rifles:

1 using a 1:8" twist and the Scirocco II 130 gr.

1 using a 1:7" twist and the Badlands 135 gr. Super BD2

I'm also shooting the 6.5-300 Weatherby...:eek::)

Enjoy the process!
Thanks for the reply, I have been reloading since 1975 and do understand load development. I haven't used factory ammo to hunt with in over 45 years. (Centerfire). Would like to use 140 or 143 bullets. Have h4350, h4831, Imr4350, Imr4831, imr7828sc and N560. Going to start with 7828ss for fire forming, but would like to use a more temp. stable power. Don't think 4350 or 4831 would work. Found the Peterson brass online.

Had this information been available in your initial post, I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Best of luck with your adventure.

:)

Last edited: