Weatherby 6.5 RPM?

Only you can determine if it makes sense for you. For myself, there are various reasons not to go 6.5-300WBY.

One is brass cost and down-the-road availability. My 6.5-06AI beats the 6.5RPM by 100fps with 140g bullets and fire-formed .25-06 brass, using a 24" barrel. It, too could be easily downloaded. The fire-form loads are very accurate out to 600 yards, with little recoil.

Another is, although I have several light to very light loads for my rifles (.308- and .30-06-level loads for my .300WM and a 300g bullet with a mere 13.5g HS6 in a .45-70 case, for example), as a rule I prefer near case-filling to slightly compressed powder charges. This helps avoid bullet setback and overcharges. Haven't shot the light loads in the ,300WM for years as I now have both .308 and .30-06 rifles. The .45-70 load is still very popular with my girls and myself - less than half the recoil of a .30-30 factory load, very accurate and pretty destructive, even if the range is limited by a .22 Short type trajectory,

A third is I already have rifles that reach as far as I'm willing to shoot at game, and if I was going for long range targets I'd go with a larger diameter and heavier bullet. Maybe a .300PRC or a .338 of some sort.

Barrel life with the full power loads is a concern. I like my rifles to last like the Energizer Bunny. My 7mm RM is still running strong after 37 years.

Lastly, I'm a slow adopter in most cases. A true stick in the mud, a "Show me" Missourian from Iowa. At this time I just don't see the benefit outweighs that offered by the alternatives.

YMMV.
"My 6.5-06AI beats the 6.5 RPM by 100fps" - case capacity of RPM is~15% > 6.5 -06 AI, something not right....

Affordability isn't the issue. My income puts me in the top 1% and our 4,000 square foot house on 5 acres in an expensive subdivision is paid for. I can afford a lot of nice things but too many years of being dirt poor in my younger years also taught me the value of thrift. I've never been one to jump on the latest new thing like a fish going for a flashy lure. My full custom, Krieger barreled 6.5-06AI ran over $2000 total and while I could have purchased a Ruger .338WM for much less, I had one custom built to suit my wants and needs using Ruger parts. I have two gun safes, one large Browning and one smaller Stack-On and need another. We generally pay cash for our new vehicles (we buy nice ones and drive them forever) so a $2500 MSRP for a 6.5 RPM rifle isn't an issue. The issue is the value isn't there for my purposes. If you think otherwise you don't "get" squat.

If sub five pound rifles are the only market for the 6.5 RPM, the market is very small indeed, and recoil will likely suck.

If the larger case of the 6.5 RPM requires 10% more powder to achieve the same velocities as my 6.5-06AI, as is likely, calculations show recoil will be around 31-32 ft-lbs for 127-130g bullets in a 5 pound rifle and higher yet for the 140g bullets. Thank you, but no thanks. By contrast, my 6.5-06AI loads in a standard weight rifle (8.3 pounds with scope) would be under 18 ft-lbs. In my fluted heavy barrel 6.5-06AI with laminate stock, they are even less.

The fact is that, in standard weight rifles, the 6.5RPM has no significant advantage (if any) over other currently available SAAMI cartridges, including the 8.5-284, 6.5-06 A-Square, 6.5 PRC and .264WM. And if velocity is your thing, it can't match the 26 Nosler or Weatherby 6.5-300.

If you think the 6.5 RPM is wonderful, go for it. I'll pass.
...maybe to you having the last word is more important than being honest. Keep arguing, you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

I live on a DV Pension and can not afford to spend money on "sprinkles"! I've also learned that it's not the tool but the user that makes the difference. Way back when I showed up at the long and unk range meets out on the flats east of the strawberry reservoir with a Rem 700 Sendaro and beat most if not all of the guys with $3500.00 custom .50s, I was proud as hell! But I was also a magnanimous winner and did not rub it in, but attributed my success to tens of thousands of rounds sent down range at Army expense over the last 20 plus years!
I remember my Dad telling me about an Alaskan Eskimo acquaintance who'd shot a lot of polar bear while growing up; Dad asked him what cartridge/gun he used, he said at first a 30-30, then a 30-40 Krag. He was excited about the improvement afforded by the Krag.

Why I'm not impressed with the Weatherby 6.5 RPM:
1.requires a long action
2.not a lot faster than the shorter 6.5 PRC
3.uses quite a bit of powder compared to shorter but fast 6.5 cartridges
4.ammo will be difficult to find - and spendy

Eric B.
so you like stubby, fat, amost as good cartridges. Not everyone thinks that way.