6.5 Weatherby RPM

If you haven't bought it, I'd continue to ask around to see if anyone who has bought one has had any issues. I say this because my buddy ordered one from Weatherby and waited 6 months to get it. He was super excited to get this rifle. Unfortunately, he has had nothing but problems with it. Wouldn't chamber rounds, called Weatherby several times regarding the issues he had with it. Weatherby gave him the run around and then eventually said they would take the gun back to see what the issue was. They ended up re-reaming the throat of the barrel without contacting him to discuss what they had found, etc.. Once he got it back, it won't even shoot the sub MOA guaranty that they say they will. He took it to a gunsmith and the gunsmith told him that the barrel was reamed way out of whack and that is why he is having issues. Weatherby at this point, has told him that he can send it in again and they will continue to look to see about fixing the issue or he can take it to a gunsmith and have them rebarrrel the gun on his own dime.

Lot of money spent on this rifle and he is a little upset to say the least. Wishes he'd just spent that money going towards a custom built gun.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but just wanted to fill you in on what I was told from my buddy and the vibe he got from Weatherby after dealing with their warranty department.

Best of luck on which ever direction you decide to go..

Not that I'm casting aspersions on your story but Weatherby, like most other high end rifle makers, usually responds well to serious questions affecting performance. It's their rifle and their rework at your buddy's request. If he is not getting the results and acknowledgement he wants, GO UP THE FOOD CHAIN TO THE APPROPRIATE HIGHER AUTHORITY TO GET THE RESULTS HE REQUIRES. It could be that Weatherby hired the wrong employee due to labor shortage. Damaging reports can and do have an adverse effect on sales and profits. Go over his or her head until you shake the right tree.

The 6.5 RPM rifle cartridge is an excellent hunting cartridge. Lots of superb bullets, plenty of powder capacity able to utilize a good cross-section of powder burn rates and case fill. I don't buy commercial rifles so everything I have is custom. The chamber is determined by the bullet and seating depth. Barrels are all top end. I had no problems with load development covering several bullets including:

Badlands 135 gr. over H-1000 and Re-25.

Hornady 153 gr. A-Tip over Re-33 and Retumbo

For the speed demons:

Hammer Heavy Hunter 121 gr. over Re-25 which is an excellent hunting load.

Enjoy!

:)

Not that I'm casting aspersions on your story but Weatherby, like most other high end rifle makers, usually responds well to serious questions affecting performance. It's their rifle and their rework at your buddy's request. If he is not getting the results and acknowledgement he wants, GO UP THE FOOD CHAIN TO THE APPROPRIATE HIGHER AUTHORITY TO GET THE RESULTS HE REQUIRES. It could be that Weatherby hired the wrong employee due to labor shortage. Damaging reports can and do have an adverse effect on sales and profits. Go over his or her head until you shake the right tree.

The 6.5 RPM rifle cartridge is an excellent hunting cartridge. Lots of superb bullets, plenty of powder capacity able to utilize a good cross-section of powder burn rates and case fill. I don't buy commercial rifles so everything I have is custom. The chamber is determined by the bullet and seating depth. Barrels are all top end. I had no problems with load development covering several bullets including:

Badlands 135 gr. over H-1000 and Re-25.

Hornady 153 gr. A-Tip over Re-33 and Retumbo

For the speed demons:

Hammer Heavy Hunter 121 gr. over Re-25 which is an excellent hunting load.

Enjoy!

:)
I completely understand and agree with what you are saying, I was just merely stating of the issues that I have been told first hand. I have lots of friends who own Weatherby rifles and love them and others who would sell theirs in a heart beat. Its just like any other high production company, sometimes you get exceptional craftsmanship and sometimes you get a lemon. I'm not out to degrade Weatherby by any means, but found it very interesting listening to my friend explain to me the complete run around that he has received.

Glad you love yours and wish you the best in your future shooting and hunting.

Love mine. Likes 140 tgk over H1000. Matches ballistics of the 264 win, with proper barrel twist in every rifle, and a nice lightweight rifle.

...never unless you walk out with brass in hand !!! I don't care what cartridge or caliber, hain't worth nothing without the brass and no one needs any more anxiety added on to their life....just the way I feel...they can all sit there and collect dust..
There is no problem getting ammo or brass or dies