Hey Ben, I am located in north eastern Maryland, on the I 95 corridor. (Between Philly and Baltimore.) It looks like you have a potential source for primed brass from dieseldoc? Assuming these have been full length sized. (I do not have 6mm dies.) I can donate powder, (RE 19 or IMR 4350) press and the knowledge, to provide you with effective and safe handloads. We also have a 100 yd range close, If you want to test different load combinations.

You will need to find some 6mm projectiles?

If you want to travel and can find bullets I would be happy to help you put some ammo together.

PM me if I can be of assistance.

Hey Ben, I am located in north eastern Maryland, on the I 95 corridor. (Between Philly and Baltimore.) It looks like you have a potential source for primed brass from dieseldoc? Assuming these have been full length sized. (I do not have 6mm dies.) I can donate powder, (RE 19 or IMR 4350) press and the knowledge, to provide you with effective and safe handloads. We also have a 100 yd range close, If you want to test different load combinations.

You will need to find some 6mm projectiles?

If you want to travel and can find bullets I would be happy to help you put some ammo together.

PM me if I can be of assistance.
awesome gesture

There are several listing on ammoseek.

The prices are ridiculous, but that's the world we live in now.

6mm Remington is a GREAT round, it is fast and accurate and has been on my wish list for a very long time (isn't this round the same as a .244 Remington). Because I roll my own availability of ammo never really bothered me. I usually get everything I need to reload a certain round then look for the gun.

New gun owner here.

I am very happy to be finally joining the ranks of American gun owners! Though, it seems I picked the absolute worst time to do so! (Lol)

I decided to support a local firearms shop here in South Central PA and bought a never fired preowned Remington 700 in 6mm Remington. The rifle is gorgeous and I think I got a fair deal, but I haven't been able to find ANY ammo since I bought the gun 2 months ago! I feel like maybe the owner took advantage of me and sold me a gun that's going out of style with no ammo to be had. Anyway, life goes on.

I think I probably need to invest in reloading equipment in order to eventually get any ammo for it, but everything is sold out and I'm clueless even where to start.

An old timer recommended I post here and ask for help.

Are there ANY stores selling 6mm Remington? Should I just resell the gun and cut my losses? Should I just wait til the next Republican administration? I'm lost and fearful I'm out of luck. I wish I'd bought something else to be honest.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and I'd be extremely grateful for any advice.

Happy hunting (I hope!),

Ben
Unless you are shooting a 50BMG, .223, or 9mm you won't be finding any ammo any time soon. Before the pandemic 6mm Remington was readily available. I'd recommend reloading for it though. You'll get better performance out of it with a wider selection of better performing bullets. That said, reloading components are scarce as hen's teeth as well.

New gun owner here.

I am very happy to be finally joining the ranks of American gun owners! Though, it seems I picked the absolute worst time to do so! (Lol)

I decided to support a local firearms shop here in South Central PA and bought a never fired preowned Remington 700 in 6mm Remington. The rifle is gorgeous and I think I got a fair deal, but I haven't been able to find ANY ammo since I bought the gun 2 months ago! I feel like maybe the owner took advantage of me and sold me a gun that's going out of style with no ammo to be had. Anyway, life goes on.

I think I probably need to invest in reloading equipment in order to eventually get any ammo for it, but everything is sold out and I'm clueless even where to start.

An old timer recommended I post here and ask for help.

Are there ANY stores selling 6mm Remington? Should I just resell the gun and cut my losses? Should I just wait til the next Republican administration? I'm lost and fearful I'm out of luck. I wish I'd bought something else to be honest.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and I'd be extremely grateful for any advice.

Happy hunting (I hope!),

Ben
Sportsman's warehouse has it

Ben, I live in Cranberry Twp and have seen a bunch of it. I just joked with my cousin (who hunts with a Remington 788 in 6mm Rem) that I have seen more 6mm Remington ammo sitting on shelves recently than I have in the past ten years combined. I am sure I noticed it primarily because it was the only 6-6.5 ammo on the shelves.

Have you checked Ace Sporting Goods and Sportsman's Warehouse? I am not posiitive what all shops I have seen it in. Try calling Big Buck Sport in Wexford and Keystone Shooting Center in Cranberry Twp.

I am sure that I saw it at Duke's Sport Shop in New Castle and at Altra Firearms in Jackson Center. Those 2 were both about 2 months ago though so call first.

There's someone I know that does reload, but he's been very busy lately and unable to have me over. I will reach out to him again and at least try to get a better idea of if he has the specific gear for 6mm Rem. I have primers and could get some bullets online, but I'd need help with powder and shells plus the know how and loading equipment.
Go to You tube...spend a couple of hours watching..... everything you need is there! A terrific resource