ammo help needed

Slazarz

I purchased a Ithaca/bsa 300 win mag rifle. I would like to get int reloading but for now I am looking to get shooting with some factory ammo. I know every rifle is different but what would be a good start with brand/ bullet type and weight? as far as I know barrel is a 10 twist.
I want to set this up for deer/Elk in the 300- 400 yard range. Anyone use the Nosler?

Thanks!!!

Scott

There are lots of choices in factory ammo.; most of them very good.
If you're looking to Nosler I'd suggest you review the data on the Trophy Grade 190 grain Nosler AccuBond for the type of hunting you want to do. It ain't cheap, but good ammo isn't cheap.

Scott, welcome to the forum. If you are purchasing factory ammo, get a brand with known to be quality brass. Save the fired brass, you may want to reload it or sell it to recoup some of the cost. Good luck

Thanks for the reply! Which brands would be a good start? I don't mind spending a couple extra bucks for quality brass that is reloadable?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.