6MM Creedmoor Dead?

Didn't even have to hit'm, bullet whizzed by his head and the vacuum killed him on the way by. Sucked his brains right out of his head!😂
Ok
Me and my kid were roading up to a FS gate.
Right at the gate there was a 6x5 21" WT standing behind some red willow.
Told my kid to shoot for the white patch on his throat.

He leveled the 270WSM on it, touched it off
Buck drops. This was maybe 40 yards. We walked up to the buck and there wasn't a drop of blood anywhere.

Touched the eye with barrel, chest not moving. Gutted him, he did flinch a little when the kid was removing his junk. I remember the deers hart being abnormally hard.

We put him in the truck and went elk hunting the rest of the day. Got him back home and skint him out. Kid wanted to sell the cape. We never found a bullet hole on any part of that deer.

Has anyone else witnessed this.

Ok
Me and my kid were roading up to a FS gate.
Right at the gate there was a 6x5 21" WT standing behind some red willow.
Told my kid to shoot for the white patch on his throat.

He leveled the 270WSM on it, touched it off
Buck drops. This was maybe 40 yards. We walked up to the buck and there wasn't a drop of blood anywhere.

Touched the eye with barrel, chest not moving. Gutted him, he did flinch a little when the kid was removing his junk. I remember the deers hart being abnormally hard.

We put him in the truck and went elk hunting the rest of the day. Got him back home and skint him out. Kid wanted to sell the cape. We never found a bullet hole on any part of that deer.

Has anyone else witnessed this.
I'm not going to say that didn't happen, but what I will say is that somehow, someway you missed the hole.

Many moons ago I had a similar instance shooting a doe that was facing me with her head down at just over 40yds. She was in a wheatfield that had been grazed off pretty smooth so I crawled to the edge of it and set up on the bipod to get good and steady. I was shooting a 52 or 55gr Speer or Hornady Soft point in a .220 swift.

I waited forever for her to lift her head so I could get a shot at the base of her throat but she just kept grazing and it was starting to get dark.

Finally she kind of raised her head a bit like she was choked or burping and I snapped a quick shot.

She flipped over backwards like she'd been hit by lightening.

I could not find a sign one of that bullet dressing her and so I did a little more investigating.

The bullet sailed a bit high I guess went into her mouth and exploded in the back of her throat severing her spinal cord.

I couldn't make that shot again in a thousand years of trying but if I'd not gone the extra yard there I would have sworn it just scared her to death with a near miss.

A couple of years later I had a repeat, but the bullet entered her neck then ran up her trachea to explode in her spine at the base of the neck.

Again a shot I could not repeat in a thousand years.

Crazy stuff happens if you shoot enough animals.

I had this happen twice, one with my 7mm Rem Mag, had a buck 80 yards away at the feeder, I was going for the base of the neck, right when I was about to pull the trigger a doe walked into my scope causing me pull up and jerk off a shot out of being surprised by her coming into my scope. I said at the time of the shot a miss, but he threw his head back and lost all his legs fell right there. Walked up to him and was about to roll him over to gut and noticed his eyes were closed and chest movement and put one in his heart at point blank. The second time was with my 28 Nosler with a 195gr Berger, buck chased a doe in front of me, the one in my avatar, stopped 125yds away, put it on high shoulder and squeezed the shot, he dropped immediately legs stiff as a board like lightening had hit him. I sat there and noticed he was still kicking, I thought **** it is taking a while to die, walked over to him and he was wide eyed and kept trying to get up and grunting, I felt over his shoulder and did not feel any hole and at that point he was starting to get his head up and at point blank put another in his heart. After skinning both of these bucks only one bullet hole the second one found.

@WildRose

I can accept that.

We butcher all or own meat. That buck was hung hole and broke down very well. There was no bloodshot in the mouth or back of the head.
Nothing in the neck. It was boned out .

I think it might have have a heart attack, not sure.

@WildRose

I can accept that.

We butcher all or own meat. That buck was hung hole and broke down very well. There was no bloodshot in the mouth or back of the head.
Nothing in the neck. It was boned out .

I think it might have have a heart attack, not sure.
Anything is possible especially at such close range. I saw a buck knock himself out once when the deer next to him was shot. He wheeled, and turned and launched forward all at once right into about a 10" diameter live oak.

For a minute I thought I'd really screwed up but by the time I got to the doe he was getting back up looking punch drunk and wobbled off.

I shot a MD buck at 150 yards in open sage. He stood up and all I could see was his neck and head, staring at me. I was on a bipod, locked in, shooting a .257 WBY with 100gr TTSXs. I had a relaxed, sold rest and took the shot, just under the white patch. He dropped instantly and I saw 4 feet sticking straight up. I unloaded, took five minutes or so to get my stuff together, then walked over to him. He was nowhere to be found. I was second guessing the distance and after about 15 mins of looking was convinced I was in the wrong spot. I heard a shot in the distance, then my hunting buddy called me. He asked did I shoot a "x" style buck. I agreed, then he said you hit him in the neck below the white patch, right? I asked, how did you know that? He replied, I got your buck. He came slipping through, over the ridge, with blood running down his neck so he finished him off. It was my buck. The shot had nicked the spine and not done much damage. If that story hadn't unfolded the way it did, I would be here speechless and no explanation of what transpired.

I shot a MD buck at 150 yards in open sage. He stood up and all I could see was his neck and head, staring at me. I was on a bipod, locked in, shooting a .257 WBY with 100gr TTSXs. I had a relaxed, sold rest and took the shot, just under the white patch. He dropped instantly and I saw 4 feet sticking straight up. I unloaded, took five minutes or so to get my stuff together, then walked over to him. He was nowhere to be found. I was second guessing the distance and after about 15 mins of looking was convinced I was in the wrong spot. I heard a shot in the distance, then my hunting buddy called me. He asked did I shoot a "x" style buck. I agreed, then he said you hit him in the neck below the white patch, right? I asked, how did you know that? He replied, I got your buck. He came slipping through, over the ridge, with blood running down his neck so he finished him off. It was my buck. The shot had nicked the spine and not done much damage. If that story hadn't unfolded the way it did, I would be here speechless and no explanation of what transpired.
I don't doubt it. I shot the same buck twice in the same season, opening and closing day in about 1990.

The short version is he was running out of the field and getting close to a fence so I rushed the shot a bit. Saw hair and blood but spent 3 days looking for him.

A month later I saw him and he had a healing wound right above the spine right above the shoulder.

Finally, last day of the season got another shot and finished what I'd started two months prior.

I killed a muskrat one time with a .22lr while he was underwater. The bullet never touched him. I found the bullet laying on the creek bed right under him in about 18" of water. Skinned it carefully, no holes of any kind. The bullet was whole when I found it, deformed a little by the water, but not fragmented.

I killed a muskrat one time with a .22lr while he was underwater. The bullet never touched him. I found the bullet laying on the creek bed right under him in about 18" of water. Skinned it carefully, no holes of any kind. The bullet was whole when I found it, deformed a little by the water, but not fragmented.
My dad told me when I was a kid you could kill a muskrat by shooting right in front of their nose in water and kill them said they were so easy to kill you could probably hit one on head with a led pencil and kill it. David