6mm Creedmoor

Mine are all very accurate and use them to shoot prs matches out to 1000 yards and work extremely well.
6 Dasher they claim has a longer barrel life

Considering building a prone rifle. Shooting 300, 500, & 600 yds.

You can do that effectively with a 223. 6 creed as a target rifle is going to go through barrels in 1200-1500 rounds, a 6 ARC 3000-4000 rounds.

I certainly wouldn't pick a 6 creed for shooting targets out to 600 yards. I've had consistent hits to twice that with my ARC shooting factory ammo.

You can do that effectively with a 223. 6 creed as a target rifle is going to go through barrels in 1200-1500 rounds, a 6 ARC 3000-4000 rounds.

I certainly wouldn't pick a 6 creed for shooting targets out to 600 yards. I've had consistent hits to twice that with my ARC shooting factory ammo.
Thank you for your reply.

I got about 1000 out of my first 6 creed barrel. It's a lot of fun to shoot, just got my first GT and so far I like it. I have an arc in a gas gun, not something I would build for a bolt gun. Just doesn't have it for me, the creed is a better target rifle in a bolt action than an arc.
The ARC gas gun Is it on the AR15 or AR10?

the creed is a better target rifle in a bolt action than an arc.

How so? The ballistics are basically 6BR which dominates PRS matches. I'm getting 2680 with factory 105's and 2720 with 103's out of an 18" gas gun. Most PRS 6BR rigs are 26" running 2800 or so, using standard 20-30fps/inch puts the ARC right there with it.

6ARC is a great choice for a target rifle in a gas gun or bolt gun. Mine is a gas gun and shooting it has only made me want a bolt 6ARC even more.

Last edited:
Here's a fact of life. The more powder you use in a load the lower the barrel life. The smaller the caliber and the more powder you use in that caliber the shorter the barrel life.
So if you want a barrel to last longer, decide on a caliber and cartridge that uses less powder.

Barrels are consumables.
I love my 6CM. I am right around 1100, amd still going...for now.
Yup,.. Barrels ARE, "consumables" for,.. the RICH,..
The 6 GT and, 6 XC, ARE, better choices for almost, the SAME "Performance" with, BETTER Barrel "Life" as,.
Custom Rifles with GOOD Barrels are, expensive to Build and I personally, want MORE than, 1,500 / 1700 rounds of, Accurate,.. Barrel "Life",..
Just Me and, My,.. 2 Cents !

Recent Posts