6.5mm copper monos for Elk - LRX vs CX vs E-tip vs CEB vs Hammer vs Lehigh

Opinions??????? Theoretical facts & figures, wow, Really? How long has Barnes been around, how much game has been killed with Barnes bullets? Much longer than your Hammer & etc!!! I just don't understand all of the Barnes bashers on this site, at least it seems to me like it. I'll take a Barnes any day over your other copper mono bullets! They're as successful, & more than most, as any bullet out there in the last 40 years or more. They do have a PROVEN track record, they wouldn't have been around as long as they have if not, search it for yourself. Enuf said. Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, but just had to give my 2 cents worth & that's probably all it's worth.
Nobody's bashing Barnes, they are a great bullet and I used them for years, with that being said there are better options available now IMO

Opinions??????? Theoretical facts & figures, wow, Really? How long has Barnes been around, how much game has been killed with Barnes bullets? Much longer than your Hammer & etc!!! I just don't understand all of the Barnes bashers on this site, at least it seems to me like it. I'll take a Barnes any day over your other copper mono bullets! They're as successful, & more than most, as any bullet out there in the last 40 years or more. They do have a PROVEN track record, they wouldn't have been around as long as they have if not, search it for yourself. Enuf said. Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, but just had to give my 2 cents worth & that's probably all it's worth.
Barnes pioneered the monolithic bullet industry.

Your opinion is just as important as anybody's.
Another member and I had a recent discussion about all kinds of bullets.
Thanks for your input

lost me, where did anyone bash Barnes in this thread?

I said, "it seems to me" but when I read the blogs on here about bullets, if copper/mono bullets are brought up, it's Hammer or Cutting edge, you hardly ever see anyone say anything good about Barnes or Nosler(which I've never used their copper bullets), at least, that's what I seem to notice. Maybe it's just me, but that's the impression I always get.

I used Barnes since loading their original X .308 130gr in my wife and my 308s. They would slam dunk big Nebraska mule deer without issue.

Moved to TSX, then TTSX, and now I load LRX for my son's 300 PRC.

Myself, I prefer the Hammers for their accuracy, ease of load development, faster FPS compared to most other bullets, and the terminal performance on game that I've seen first hand. I just did load development for my 270 WSM using a total of 11 shots to get a 3 shot group that measured 0.4" and I'm getting 3373 fps. That'll work for me, but YMMV…

If someone wants to shoot something else, more power to them.

I used Barnes since loading their original X .308 130gr in my wife and my 308s. They would slam dunk big Nebraska mule deer without issue.

Moved to TSX, then TTSX, and now I load LRX for my son's 300 PRC.

Myself, I prefer the Hammers for their accuracy, ease of load development, faster FPS compared to most other bullets, and the terminal performance on game that I've seen first hand. I just did load development for my 270 WSM using a total of 11 shots to get a 3 shot group that measured 0.4" and I'm getting 3373 fps. That'll work for me, but YMMV…

If someone wants to shoot something else, more power to them.

I'm far from the sharpest marble in the jar, but "YMMV"? Way more muzzle velocity?, I'm trying not sound overly stupid, but not the best with acronyms & I'm not being smart either.

I think your putting too much thought into this.
Pick a bullet and make a load for it and go hunt. The bullets your looking at all are good.
I can appreciate that I'm over-analyzing. I get it. Part of the reason for that is because I can't just go hunt. A bull elk tag in my state comes maybe once in 10 years. I can't afford to hunt out of state. I also can't afford another larger caliber elk-specific rifle. I mean, I could spend the money, but it would leave me short for helping my kids that are about to go through college. I hope to get pronghorn tags with them this coming fall, and I'll be building points for elk. We didn't win the pronghorn tags we wanted last year, but they did get mule deer tags which we got to go. While we were out there, we saw 6 bull elk. Yeah, I'm stuck here analyzing, especially this time of year. I won't even get going for elk this coming season. I have some points, but not enough. I have a decent chance at a pronghorn tag. I was just going to use the same bullet for both, but maybe I'm better off with a lighter 100 grain mono for antelope at 3600 fps and I'll figure out the elk bullet and the load for it when I actually get a tag.

I can appreciate that I'm over-analyzing. I get it. Part of the reason for that is because I can't just go hunt. A bull elk tag in my state comes maybe once in 10 years. I can't afford to hunt out of state. I also can't afford another larger caliber elk-specific rifle. I mean, I could spend the money, but it would leave me short for helping my kids that are about to go through college. I hope to get pronghorn tags with them this coming fall, and I'll be building points for elk. We didn't win the pronghorn tags we wanted last year, but they did get mule deer tags which we got to go. While we were out there, we saw 6 bull elk. Yeah, I'm stuck here analyzing, especially this time of year. I won't even get going for elk this coming season. I have some points, but not enough. I have a decent chance at a pronghorn tag. I was just going to use the same bullet for both, but maybe I'm better off with a lighter 100 grain mono for antelope at 3600 fps and I'll figure out the elk bullet and the load for it when I actually get a tag.
Your fine and doing things right. I over analyze things like crazy, especially reloading. Sometimes Ive learned to just let go and pick something and roll with it. Since your hunting at high elevations its probably better you put some thought into stability...

You have IMO a great do it all big game caliber from deer to elk, you don't need a larger caliber. I think its ideal for you to start with one bullet for both... that way you have more time to spend practicing with it than worrying about developing two loads and probably rezeroing back and forth between them. Besides, your twist rate limits you to lighter weight bullets so not really worth finding a heavier option for elk.

My opinion on helping you select a bullet. Your twist rate rules out the heavier monos, With Barnes I think the 100gn TTSX would work but they don't list the twist rate. Availability is an issue finding them.
Based on your elevation needs, I think you can get away with the Hammer 118gnHHT and maintain stability. Plenty for elk and should get some nice velocities for reaching out long range for those Pronghorn tags you will eventually get. The 118HHT was designed for 9 twist rifles and you should get some fast velocities in your caliber that will really perform on elk when you get that tag. If you stay above 6000ft elev this bullet should be stable per Bergers stability calculator. My guess is you will safely get at least 3000fps out of the 118HHT.

Never shot either but always was intrigued by the cx and lxr's. I'd buy both and give them a try to see which shoots better out of your setup. Midway has the lxr's in stock