6.5mm copper monos for Elk - LRX vs CX vs E-tip vs CEB vs Hammer vs Lehigh

Your fine and doing things right. I over analyze things like crazy, especially reloading. Sometimes Ive learned to just let go and pick something and roll with it. Since your hunting at high elevations its probably better you put some thought into stability...

You have IMO a great do it all big game caliber from deer to elk, you don't need a larger caliber. I think its ideal for you to start with one bullet for both... that way you have more time to spend practicing with it than worrying about developing two loads and probably rezeroing back and forth between them. Besides, your twist rate limits you to lighter weight bullets so not really worth finding a heavier option for elk.

My opinion on helping you select a bullet. Your twist rate rules out the heavier monos, With Barnes I think the 100gn TTSX would work but they don't list the twist rate. Availability is an issue finding them.
Based on your elevation needs, I think you can get away with the Hammer 118gnHHT and maintain stability. Plenty for elk and should get some nice velocities for reaching out long range for those Pronghorn tags you will eventually get. The 118HHT was designed for 9 twist rifles and you should get some fast velocities in your caliber that will really perform on elk when you get that tag. If you stay above 6000ft elev this bullet should be stable per Bergers stability calculator. My guess is you will safely get at least 3000fps out of the 118HHT.
X-2

I want to pick a 6.5mm copper mono for elk and I'd like to stay under 1.42" length for 1.5 Sg in 1:9 twist in 264 Win Mag at high-altitude (6000 to 9000 feet). So that is the pre-determined criteria: .264", 1:9 twist, copper mono. I'm not considering anything outside those parameters.
I rebuilt my Dad's .264 with an 8.5 twist, kinda wish I'd gone with an 8 or 7.5 twist now. Either way, I've had extremely good results with Cayuga copper solid bullets on both elk and deer. I'd highly recommend them if thats what your looking for.

I've found no loss for switching to monos for hunting in certain calibers. In fact monos have been better. Take example my 6.5 creedmore. I shoot 120gr class mono. Also shot the 147 eld. I was using the eld for higher bc. But after some less than perfect performance on heavy skinned game like oryx I stayed searching. Once I crunched number and using the manufacturers min fps to open the bullet I was within 30 yards of max distance. What I gained though was a flatter shooting round, better performance on dense animals and no worry about a bullet failing from bone contact.

It's a balance between speed and bc for sure.
I just put a creedmoor barrel back in business and I've been running numbers every which way, creating an overall average score for each bullet using where they pass a certain speed, rate of drop, and total deflection. There is considerable overlap between the fast coppers with decent BC and the slow lead with excellent BC, I was pleasantly surprised. I think the balance can get forgotten, it's certainly a good point.

Opinions??????? Theoretical facts & figures, wow, Really? How long has Barnes been around, how much game has been killed with Barnes bullets? Much longer than your Hammer & etc!!! I just don't understand all of the Barnes bashers on this site, at least it seems to me like it. I'll take a Barnes any day over your other copper mono bullets! They're as successful, & more than most, as any bullet out there in the last 40 years or more. They do have a PROVEN track record, they wouldn't have been around as long as they have if not, search it for yourself. Enuf said. Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, but just had to give my 2 cents worth & that's probably all it's worth.
The original barnes bullets from the early 90's left much to be desired. The olgives were different on each bullet making seating depths a crapshoot. I called their customer service and they admitted as much and offered to buy back or exchange certain lot numbers, but I just used them up as practice bullets. Around the late 90's they improved their fabrication machinery tremendously and the products received since then have been very much improved. In fact, they are generally the most accurate bullets in my rifles and in friends rifles that I load for. I have taken over 50 game animals with one form or another and my friends have taken another 40 or 50. Performance on game has been perfect except for one large wounded Colorado Bull that I had to stop with a steep downhill angle shot that struck the spine before traveling diagonally through the animal to the far side shoulder blade where I found the bullet. After hitting the spine the bullet flipped 180 and traveled diagonally to the shoulder blade backwards with just the blue tip missing and no expansion. A follow up shot was necessary but that was the only time one has failed to mushroom. This bull had been hit with a 338 Lapua before coming by me. Most often I see the outline of the mushroom on the opposite hide (exit hole).

I said, "it seems to me" but when I read the blogs on here about bullets, if copper/mono bullets are brought up, it's Hammer or Cutting edge, you hardly ever see anyone say anything good about Barnes or Nosler(which I've never used their copper bullets), at least, that's what I seem to notice. Maybe it's just me, but that's the impression I always get.
I've encountered a bunch of Barnes love in similar threads. They're not for me, but I've seen plenty of appreciation. A surprising amount given their historical velocity limitations and this being a long range community. Saying one has had an exceptional experience with Pepsi is not the same thing as trashing Coke.

Note: the OP has a 9 twist rifle and will be hunting at 6000ft elev and higher.

His options are to find the heaviest bullet that will be stable in that elevation range, or use a lighter bullet that will be stable in all elevations. Thinking about it the latter is a more practical option probably a bullet in the 100 to 110gn weight range.

Koda, mine is a 9T, Pac Nor 3 groove, 6.5/06, and I am at 500 ft sea Level. Barnes has to cover every conceivable elevation, temp, etc on their twist rate calculation.
Maybe it would work for his rifle. That would be a tough call to invest in a box thats not recommended by the manufacturer.