6.5mm 150 grain Accubond Long Range

I've played with them some to see if they will group. I've only tried two powders so far (reloaded 26 and Magnum).Both powders showed good signs. I'm shooting a Mesa long range in 6.5 PRC. My chamber is (ogive) 2.393 and I pushed them in to 2.293. I was shooting in 0 degree temps, no wind, 4700 alt, and 200 yards. Attached is the picture of the .293 through .383 group using magnum powder. I'm waiting on some Retumbo to see if I can get anything better. I noticed as I sat them closer to the lands the groups began to spread out. I haven't loaded anymore for comparison.
Thanks for the details, very helpful. The numbers written on the target are the seating depth without the "2", correct? So the 2.293 seated group in the upper left is roughly 0.6 MOA if shot at 200 yards? How fast are you pushing them with Magnum powder?

Thanks for the details, very helpful. The numbers written on the target are the seating depth without the "2", correct? So the 2.293 seated group in the upper left is roughly 0.6 MOA if shot at 200 yards? How fast are you pushing them with Magnum powder?
Yes you are correct. That's my attempt at crapy notes. It makes sense to me when it's applied to the data I save on my phone. I was pushing those at an average of 2884. I used CCI 200 primers and Hornady brass. I was able to
Load over max pressure (I worked it slowly) and got an average speed of 3038 but it was over max and I don't know how the load would act under summer temperatures.

Yes you are correct. That's my attempt at crapy notes. It makes sense to me when it's applied to the data I save on my phone. I was pushing those at an average of 2884. I used CCI 200 primers and Hornady brass. I was able to
Load over max pressure (I worked it slowly) and got an average speed of 3038 but it was over max and I don't know how the load would act under summer temperatures.
Let me say real quick too that my experience with ABLR was the faster I pushed them the wider the group spread. That was with both powders tested. It seems like 2900 ish FPS was the sweet spot for my set up. If you are interested I will post on this thread my results once I get some Retumbo.

Let me say real quick too that my experience with ABLR was the faster I pushed them the wider the group spread. That was with both powders tested. It seems like 2900 ish FPS was the sweet spot for my set up. If you are interested I will post on this thread my results once I get some Retumbo.

Thanks. Definitely interested to hear your results.

I loaded some up this morning with what should be a mild load at 55 grains H1000 in the 6.5 SS. Based on your info I loaded them to jump 0.100, will post results when I can find the time to send them down range, hopefully this weekend.

7 twist or 8 twist with the PRC?

My 6.5 CM is a 7 and when I slowed it down groups shrunk a lot.

142lrab in my 65284s at 2975fps shoot really good....
I found the powder loads in 2 rifles were really close.... difference of .3gr of rl23..
26" and 24" barrels..
24" ss proof barrel 3.100coal
26" cf proof barrel 2.98coal
The coal made the biggest difference of groups....

wish i could help but I've never used nosler products ,I've always used fed /hornady reloading components and hogdon powders in my 6.5cm & 280 ai x bolts H/C long range both 1/8 twist bartlien 24 inch barrels

I have some of the 142 that I will be trying. So it sounds like 100thou of the lands is a good place to start in the CM?
That's where they shot good in my rifle. I got around 0.7-0.6 MOA at 100 and 200 yards. Didn't try them at longer ranges because I moved on to another bullet.