Long Range Accubond Performance?

I like how they shoot out of my 7rm with lots of jump. I have not been impressed with their performance on game however. Had a deer at 400 with it and put 4 in the boiler room before he expired. Had an antelope at 200 hit him twice behind the shoulder before he went down. It doesnt seem to have the shock value i was going for.

I shot a bull Elk last week with the 168 LRAB, 409 yds uphill..bullet went in behind the right shoulder 1 inch hole thru both lungs didn't exit..never recovered the bullet..bull walked 30 yds after the shot and fell over dead..from a 280 AI 2970 muzzle velocity.

I shot a bull Elk last week with the 168 LRAB, 409 yds uphill..bullet went in behind the right shoulder 1 inch hole thru both lungs didn't exit..never recovered the bullet..bull walked 30 yds after the shot and fell over dead..from a 280 AI 2970 muzzle velocity.

****!

I don't know about the long range bullet but we shot the regular Accubond at 3600 out of a 375 Cheytac. Somewhere around 1300 yards the bullet lost its stability and you couldn't hit anything after that. We killed a couple of whitetails at around 1200 and they killed. Matt

Matt I agree with you on the killing performance of the regular Accubonds. I have used them for several years with no complaints. I was excited to here about the Long Range Accubond. My first thought was a better B.C. with the same or near same performance on game, but it does not look like that is what it is going to be.

I like how they shoot out of my 7rm with lots of jump. I have not been impressed with their performance on game however. Had a deer at 400 with it and put 4 in the boiler room before he expired. Had an antelope at 200 hit him twice behind the shoulder before he went down. It doesnt seem to have the shock value i was going for.

What bullet weight were you using in these cases? I have used Accubond 140 grains on mule deer out to 450 yards, in my 7mm Rem Mag and they did a very good job. I have now gone to the 162 grain Hornady A-Max bullet. Death comes faster with these than anything I have used before.
1-shot-and-flop

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.