Accubond Long Range accuracy/precision

I've used Accu-Bonds in both 7RUM and 264wm. 140's in the both.

The 7RUM was when the AB first came out and they were explosive. Huge wounds, but used them in the 264wm this past season with the opposite results. Definitely more like a bonded bullets. I was running them at 3150fps as I recall.

Moved on to Berger bullets, but not certain about what they will do. I've hunted with Nosler bullets for a very long time. Just giving the new kid a spin to see what happens.

I've been out of hunting for about 7 years and quite a it has changed in the bullet world... I loaded the wife' 6.5-06 with 130gr HPBT SGK over 3000 fps and expected massive wounds, but only got golf ball size exits.

They all resulted in dead deer or hogs. But the bullets are tougher than they were years ago.

Westbrook...yep one shot...did not hit the shoulder...
Never hit bone on entry....between ribs...can't remember
where it was found...
But here's a before after...
.45" of lenght to remaining bullet....that's a lot of bullet that exploded from the front
2/3 of the 168lrab

Attachments

• 566.jpeg
    566.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 122
26R, they appear to have beefed up their jackets from years past. I've post a picture before from a high hit the removed about 4 vertebrae and roughly a pound of back strap on a 400 yard shot.

The 264wm 140AB this past season hit the point of the shoulder and exited behind the off shoulder. Text book shot placement IMO. There was a 4" diameter wound channel included the spine and cut the heart off the veins but the exit was 6.5mm...I thought I would find the bullet on the off side but found the exit when I was skinning him.

I was surprised there was enough bullet left at 300 yards to be able to exit with that shot placement.

26R...I was referring to a deer I shot...
IMG00023-20111230-0940.jpg

140gr AB (this AB was from 10 or so years ago) 7mm RUM at 400yds

Last edited:
Yep...looks bad..but I bet there wasn't much damage beyond the hole in the hide...maybe a few inches each way....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts