6.5mm 150 grain Accubond Long Range

JTH

I was able to get a box of the 6.5mm 150 grain Accubond LR bullets, looking to see if anyone has experience with loading these? I'll be experimenting with them in a 6.5 SS, (a little less capacity than the 6.5 PRC, but close enough for comparison if someone has data) wondering about how close to the lands they typically like to run and approximate starting points on powder(s). Search function didn't yield any results.…..

They don't put it on the website anymore, but they used to recommend seating at book COL for the cartridge to start with instead of seating out long. My personal experience with the ABLR in .308 confirmed they grouped better when at a shorter seating depth resulting in significant jump.

They don't put it on the website anymore, but they used to recommend seating at book COL for the cartridge to start with instead of seating out long. My personal experience with the ABLR in .308 confirmed they grouped better when at a shorter seating depth resulting in significant jump.
I found the same. I started at 20k off and worked back, If I remember ended around 40k off… +/-

It is still on Nosler's website.

1648071460789.png

Their load data always stops at SAAMI max COL, they'll undershoot it for short bullets but I've not seen them go past. This was an actual technical note that has since been removed:
1648073429884.png

This was a backwards way of saying don't seat out long, they understand how freebore works and how guys like to seat out close to the lands.

I tried them in three different 6.5 wanna be. A Savage 10TSR and two TC Compass. They shot terrible and only thing I can think of was such a huge jump to the lands. I load so they fit in the magazine. The Savage shoots 5 into .3-.4 all day long with several bullets, and the TC's are about 1"-1.5" with several bullets.. The ABLR's shot 1.5 Savage to 2.5" TC's. Just my results.

Were you able to get decent groups out of them?

I tried them in three different 6.5 wanna be. A Savage 10TSR and two TC Compass. They shot terrible and only thing I can think of was such a huge jump to the lands. I load so they fit in the magazine. The Savage shoots 5 into .3-.4 all day long with several bullets, and the TC's are about 1"-1.5" with several bullets.. The ABLR's shot 1.5 Savage to 2.5" TC's. Just my results.
Sounds like the experience I had with the 7mm 175gr ABLR in 2 7mm LRMs. They just would not shoot them accurately, +1 MOA. The 142gr 6.5 shot a little better in my 6.5 PRC (100 thou off, shot 0.7 MOA), but no where near the most accurate bullets in my 6.5 PRC. I may try the 150 in my 6.5 PRC when I can get some. Maybe they will be the ones.

I've played with them some to see if they will group. I've only tried two powders so far (reloaded 26 and Magnum).Both powders showed good signs. I'm shooting a Mesa long range in 6.5 PRC. My chamber is (ogive) 2.393 and I pushed them in to 2.293. I was shooting in 0 degree temps, no wind, 4700 alt, and 200 yards. Attached is the picture of the .293 through .383 group using magnum powder. I'm waiting on some Retumbo to see if I can get anything better. I noticed as I sat them closer to the lands the groups began to spread out. I haven't loaded anymore for comparison.

Attachments

• C9FC55A4-C8A2-4A0F-8229-48C34AFE78A4.jpeg
    C9FC55A4-C8A2-4A0F-8229-48C34AFE78A4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 245