6.5 sherman short magnum review

elkaholic

Hi guys.........Here is the review that I promised from James Oneill (oneillops.com). As most of you know, James builds suppressor rifles for predator hunting and does a great job on youtube with his videos. You can see this review on youtube @ www.oneillops.com under 6.5 Sherman short magnum review.
James had never done a wildcat before, and as his 400 yard group attests, he had no problem getting the cartridge to perform. This was the first full load firing with no load development. This was a pretty mild load with H 1000............Rich

Just as an update about the information regarding my cousin James.

We don't build suppressors. We don't build rifles.
O'Neill Ops is simply a Class 3 dealer that specializes in hunting with suppressors. Specifically hunting predators with suppressors, and we've been blessed to be able to work with some phenomenally gifted manufacturers and a gunsmith that, for lack of a better phrase...knows his chit.

I'm sure the mods would pull the names as we, nor they, are sponsors of the site...but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who we like working with and in turn...works with us.
To put it simply...we don't just work with folks that ask. We have to believe in the product 100%.

I am about to watch the review for the first time myself...so I'll just post it up here for you to see.
I got to see her first hand last weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing more over Christmas vacation.

Joe
(as with all our videos. If you've got the band width...watch her in HD)
[ame]http://youtu.be/RY2jGtuu7jc[/ame]

Sorry, I knew that and what I meant was that he "had" suppressor rifles built. anyway, he did a fine job on the review............Rich

C_bass. I post a lot of stuff from LongRifles Inc :) They haven't been pulled yet (knock on wood). So I guess if fire & brimstone shall rain, it can land on me.

Chad builds an awesome product & is a stand up dude. I caught the video this morning, good walkthru by James. It sure looks like that rifle is going to be a shooter!

Rich,

Did Chad use your equipment or did James supply it? Just curious....

t

C_bass. I post a lot of stuff from LongRifles Inc :) They haven't been pulled yet (knock on wood). So I guess if fire & brimstone shall rain, it can land on me.

Chad builds an awesome product & is a stand up dude. I caught the video this morning, good walkthru by James. It sure looks like that rifle is going to be a shooter!

Rich,

Did Chad use your equipment or did James supply it? Just curious....

t

I supplied James with the reamer and dies,and walked him through the process.......rich

Nice review.
Makes it all look easy.

If you have some basic reloading abilities, and the right tools, it is fairly easy. What I tell people is, with 100 Norma brass, in a short day, you can form 1/2 a barrel life of brass................Rich

Nice Rich... That 400 yard group is encouraging... Man I wish I could speed up time so I can have mine... I should have the barreled action back by friday, but I had to change the straight shank dimension on my game scout so looks like I will have to wait a few more weeks to pull the trigger... O and by the way the reamer shipped on monday should be in Roberts hands tonight or tomorrow...

Nice Rich... That 400 yard group is encouraging... Man I wish I could speed up time so I can have mine... I should have the barreled action back by friday, but I had to change the straight shank dimension on my game scout so looks like I will have to wait a few more weeks to pull the trigger... O and by the way the reamer shipped on monday should be in Roberts hands tonight or tomorrow...

Ya, that was pretty good especially for a first time full load firing with no load work up , and just off of a bipod. Also, it was a low pressure load with 61 grains of H1000 which is the same SAUM load that people use with higher pressure. His mv was just over 3000' with a 22" barrel so should be right close to 3100' with a 26"..........Rich

WOW that is amazing, no load work, no bedding, off a bi pod with no rear bag, 1/4 moa at 400 yards!!! It was pretty cool watching the video in Hd, seeing the bullets vapor trail go straight to the target.... I am going to start with the matrix 150's, I have 4 different powders to play with and several different primer choices so I should have no problems getting a good load for them...
Mike

If you have some basic reloading abilities, and the right tools, it is fairly easy. What I tell people is, with 100 Norma brass, in a short day, you can form 1/2 a barrel life of brass................Rich

Only really the fire forming thats extra to what I already do for my 7 saum with tight neck.

When i rebarrel my 7mm it will be a toss up between the Sherman and straight 6.5 saum.

Well, I guess technically we only use Chad for our builds, but our entire "business" model is based on product reviews, and predator hunting videos, and when we gain popularity by sharing our footage...we stand to gain.
So since we're not sponsors here, I was warned not to share our stuff.

Sad really...but I'm not in charge.
Regardless. We're up to tens of thousands of subscribers on YT, and hundreds of thousands of views on a few videos, millions on some...and being able to work on projects like the 6.5 SS review, not only gives us the chance to expand our subject matter....but it lets us help out other guys in the industry that appreciate a good video, vs a written out article.

I personally would rather watch a 15-20 min video that's interesting...than read a 3-5 page article with pictures.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.