Differences between 6.5 SAUM & 6.5 Sherman Short

A short action Saum with 140 hybrids with a 140fb keeps the bearing above neck shoulder junction and fit in a wyatts box no problem. The SS runs heavier(150+gr) bullets more optimally in a short action, yes. I've had plenty of luck running saums in short action with 135jlk, 140hyb, 142smk, at 3050-3100 fps. If you're wanting to run 156s optimally in a saum, you need 240k freebore and touching lands you'll be 3.1" coal. The SS case having a 300 VS 280 nk of Saum, will still need 200k+ freebore to keep the 156 above nk shoulder and have room to play with seating depth. If a guys sole desire is a 156 in a short action, yes the SS is a good choice.

@elkaholic
The SS and a saum, both cases loaded with the same bullet, and the bullet in the same bearing position from the neck shoulder junction, same powders. The Saum has more usable case capacity at that point. At equal chamber pressures, the Saum will be faster, period.

The square chamber walls and 40° do lower bolt thrust, but do nothing to reduce chamber psi. No free lunch here.
I already have the SA TL3 so I am just trying to figure out my best options with 143 Bondstrike, 147 ELD and 156 eol. Thank you for the info.

I already have the SA TL3 so I am just trying to figure out my best options with 143 Bondstrike, 147 ELD and 156 eol. Thank you for the info.
I don't have any experience with the bondstrike (yet). The 156 is going to be less than ideal in a short action for reasons already mentioned. The 147ELDM will probably work but has a long bearing surface.

I shoot Berger 144LRHT out of my 6.5 SAUM Improved at a mild 3050 fps in a 21" barrel with H1000.

Had the BAT VESPER mid length been available when I built mine I would have gone that way instead of a short action.

I don't have any experience with the bondstrike (yet). The 156 is going to be less than ideal in a short action for reasons already mentioned. The 147ELDM will probably work but has a long bearing surface.

I shoot Berger 144LRHT out of my 6.5 SAUM Improved at a mild 3050 fps in a 21" barrel with H1000.

Had the BAT VESPER mid length been available when I built mine I would have gone that way instead of a short action.
Thank you for the info