6.5 sherman q&a

elk I need the reamer who sells one now for the 6.5 sherman or do you still rent. Also I was wondering what brass can you use and dies so no neck turning or fire forming ???

elk I need the reamer who sells one now for the 6.5 sherman or do you still rent. Also I was wondering what brass can you use and dies so no neck turning or fire forming ???

I have the reamer, dies, etc. in stock. You can use any 270 or 280 brass but I prefer 280 Norma. I have reamers for both turn and no turn necks as well as 2 throat configurations. PM me for details.......Rich

Check this out!
sherman blue elk shirt.jpg

I like the RWS brass by far the best but get 270 not 280 because 270 has a thicker neck wall which fits the chamber
Better. 6.5x65 leaves roo much of a doughnut instde the neck. Second choice would be 270 Norma brass although it is not as tough as RWS. After those 2 brands, you can use any of the others, but they are not as tough or consistent.

Last edited:
Ok, I was under the Assumption RWS 65mm Brass had more Case Volume than Standard .270 due to it's increased Base width. Thanks