6.5 Sherman

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by reeldawg, May 30, 2014.

1. reeldawg

reeldawg Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I got to put a few rounds down range with my new 6.5 Sherman. I shot this group while load testing today. I pulled the two to the left. It shoots better than I do. Anyone thinking about a 6.5 should consider a Sherman. This is my first "wildcat". Frieforming brass is pretty simple. I would like to say thanks again to Rich, Elkoholic, for his help. I hope to put a few pigs down with this in the near future.

Jay

Attached Files:

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

No way! You mean fire-forming isn't some crazy myth you have to do the hokey-pokey and stand on one leg while holding your tongue just right to get it work???

:D

By now, you've realized I'm jesting at those who say wildcatting and forming brass is a pain. LOL

Congrats on the 6.5 Sherman. I still hope to build one someday! Looks like you got a shooter!

Keep us updated as your experiences and load development continue.

3. reeldawg

reeldawg Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I didn't have to use any magic beans.

4. steeltraps

steeltraps Well-Known Member

I thought you had to use Creme of Wheat, a majic bullet, and hold you head just right to get good fireformed brass!!!:D

5. Crashman1

Crashman1 Well-Known Member

And stand on one leg!

6. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

Congrats Jay! It was a pleasure working with you. Let me know anytime you need anything......Rich