6.5 sherman

arkrunner

Well I'm pretty excited got my action trued barrel from brux 26" 1×8 reamer from rich, reloader 26, an today matrix bullets. Now if I could just get my smith well an back to work. He had to have some surgery last week.

Happy times! My 150s should be here any day. My smith has chambered & threaded barrel, plus firing 15 +/- rounds to smooth up throat. Now it's off to be nitrided. Hope to have finished rifle by end of January. Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun. Good Luck

To the OP...Did you get the norma 270 brass to make the cases and did you get your reloading dies from Rich? Did you go with the no turn neck style as well? This Sherman has really interested me a lot since I think at the end of life on my 6.5x284 Norma.

I bought whidden dies NIB on accurateshooter.com. the owner changed build directions. I have Nosler 280ai an 270 win brass that I've annealed an opened to .284. haven't decided yet. Have .297 reamer from rich. Using remington 700 action. Will try the COW to form brass.

Im pumped today started breaking in my barrel my TI stock was a challenge to learn to shoot. But with free recoling it made it come together. Reloader 26 with 140 a-max .05 off the lands. I'm happy with this 3 shot group. I have a #2 brux and 5 shot groups opened up to about 1/2" at 100 yards. The best of the day.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.