6.5 SHERMAN MAX

Rich,

Would you say the real benefit of the Max over the SS is using the slow bulky powders for the heavy long bullets where you can not pressure out in the smaller SS and could run them a tenth or two longer COAL.

N570/RL33 is what I was thinking.
This will be the only way to keep barrel life up, although N570 burns pretty darn hot too.

Looking at the reloading data compilation, I see 2 reports with the 156 bergers and avg of ~3070. So the 6.5 MAX would be about 100 FPS above that? But the bigger benefit is building on a longer length action like a Tikka and being able to load longer COAL in mag feed?

Does anyone have load data yet for the 6.5 max? Is head stamped brass available and are dies available yet?
First ones are being built but I can come.very close by comparing it to the ss in 6.5.
Head stamped brass available late May and dies also by then, if not sooner.

My friend and I are building a pair of Tikka 6.5 Sherman max, 26" paradigm 1:8 barrels, element 3.0 magnesium folding chassis. My donor Tikka was a 6.5cr so probably gonna have Nick(Straight Jacket Armory) punch out the oem barrel to 6.5max for fire forming.