Hammer question for 6.5 Sherman Max

As a suggestion for us newer guys looking for information. Could you pros stop with all the acronyms and abbreviations please. Takes long to look up what the hell your talking about.

As a suggestion for us newer guys looking for information. Could you pros stop with all the acronyms and abbreviations please. Takes long to look up what the hell your talking about.
AH- Absolute Hammer
HH- Hammer Hunter
SH- Shock Hammer
DB- Dead Blow Hammer
TH- Target Hammer
PDR- Parabolic Drag Reduction
FCD- LEE Factory Crimp Die

I have tried both the 129 AH and 131 HH in my 26" & 20" 6.5SSs.
131s over RL23 @ 3234 (26") or 3130 (20")
129s over H4350 @ 3385 (26") or 3230 (20")

These are max loads, and not where I am running them.

They both shoot EXTREMELY accurately, as have every Hammer load I have worked up, regardless of weight or caliber.
For quite sometime I have looked for the cartridge dimensions of the 6.5 Sherman. Nothing yet. Does someone have a pic of the dimensions somewhere? Not on Sherman website. I would like to have a solid grasp of the dimensional differences between it and the 6.5-06 AI. From reading, it seems minimal, really minimal.
So, if you know where, I'd be obliged. No headstamped brass I understand, correct?

For quite sometime I have looked for the cartridge dimensions of the 6.5 Sherman. Nothing yet. Does someone have a pic of the dimensions somewhere? Not on Sherman website. I would like to have a solid grasp of the dimensional differences between it and the 6.5-06 AI. From reading, it seems minimal, really minimal.
So, if you know where, I'd be obliged. No headstamped brass I understand, correct?
My Sherman will do 3339 FPS with a 140 Berger. Tried the 123 AH with H100V but hit pressure just under 3400 FPS. Going to try a different powder as I'm sure I should get closer to 3500 FPS. The Sherman does perform but brass prep takes awhile.

Recent Posts