• 20”

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 18”

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 16”

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Couch11b

Building a rifle for hunting. Will be threaded so suppressor is possible. Shooting 130 bergers all the way to the 140 accubond long range. Thank you!

I use a 20" barrel with a suppressor for certain competitions and hunting.

I use a 26" barrel plus a muzzle brake for other types of competitions and longer range hunting without the brake.

This is a very flexible cartridge for shooting either lighter, 120-123 grain bullets, 130 gr. competition bullets up to 140 gr for both hunting and competition if needed.

I had a 24" and got a 22". I lose about 60 fps but the rifle is lighter and feels a lot shorter than just 2" with the suppressor. Regardless of what length you end up with, cut as much as you can from the breech end. it reduces more weight per" than from the tip of the barrel.
Snt

I'd base my choice based more on where you hunt (terrain, cover, etc.) than other concerns.

For that reason, I went with a suppressed 22" for my ballistically-similar 6.5PRC.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts