6.5 creedmoor and 147 eldm

Thanks brother. Did a little more climbing and ended up getting 42.6 gr which had SD or 2 and printed a 1/4 moa group and I broke 2800. So going to play with it a little more. Thanks for all the help fellows.

Right on man, keep us updated. That's a great load.

I've been working on the 147 in my creed. I've been very impressed to say the least. 3 shot groups regular in the .1s. I've tried rl-17 and rl-26. With rl-17 41 grains got me to 2785. Which isn't bad but I wanted more. 41.5 got me to 2849 with a very nice group. I had one high velocity reading which brought my es to just over 30 but without that one reading I had an es of 11. I've also ran rl-26 but I haven't chronoed it yet. My load with that is 47.5 grains so Im expecting 2900ish.

I had a good Creed load fall apart with RL17, but I haven't had a single problem using it in 30-06. I have my own theory about that.

I'm running the 147s in my Creedmoor with H4831SC at 2820 FPS. It's the best bullet I've ever run in my Creed and it'll take a helluva good 156 grain bullet from Berger to get me to switch back from the Hornady.

I'm running a 25.5" Brux barrel with a 1-8" twist.

Last edited:
The 147 officially has my stamp of approval. It was cold and raining in northern NH yesterday but I still wanted to get out and do some shooting so I went and got wet. Decided to go for 1000 yards with the 147 eld and 41.5 grains of rl-17. Temp was about 40-45 and I entered a velocity of 2842. I was on target 2nd round and put together a 3-3.5 in group at 1000 yards. I was very pleased to say the least. The hornady 4dof calculator was spot on.

The 147 officially has my stamp of approval. It was cold and raining in northern NH yesterday but I still wanted to get out and do some shooting so I went and got wet. Decided to go for 1000 yards with the 147 eld and 41.5 grains of rl-17. Temp was about 40-45 and I entered a velocity of 2842. I was on target 2nd round and put together a 3-3.5 in group at 1000 yards. I was very pleased to say the least. The hornady 4dof calculator was spot on.
It was nice wind wise yesterday here in Alton. This afternoon I went out to confirm my zero and it was blowing hard solid 20+. Still managed to confirm my elevation I went back n forth about 2 moa for the 10 shots. Ended up back at the original 0. I did loose a magazine walking out. My bag opened up and I could not find it when I went back as it was getting dark. Hopefully I can find it before the end of the wknd.
Once your comfortable with the 17 load. Try the Rl 26 I has been much more stable temp wise than I thought it would be. I ran within 8fps at 48 degrees from the last 2 times out @ 26 and 28

It was nice wind wise yesterday here in Alton. This afternoon I went out to confirm my zero and it was blowing hard solid 20+. Still managed to confirm my elevation I went back n forth about 2 moa for the 10 shots. Ended up back at the original 0. I did loose a magazine walking out. My bag opened up and I could not find it when I went back as it was getting dark. Hopefully I can find it before the end of the wknd.
Once your comfortable with the 17 load. Try the Rl 26 I has been much more stable temp wise than I thought it would be. I ran within 8fps at 48 degrees from the last 2 times out @ 26 and 28
I'm definitely trying rl-26 at longer distance but I just didnt have a Chrono reading on my rl-26 load and I did on the rl-17 load so thats what I took. I'll get a Chrono reading on my rl-26 load soon.

I am getting 2820 fps with the 147 in a 6.5x47 lapua. It is 26 inch barrel. They are coated hbn and using h4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts