6.5 creedmoore 147 eldm h4350 fps/pressure?

Yes u did read that right. Also it is a 26in tube but that dont make up for the rest of the velocity differnce in your calculations. This rifle has always seemed faster then what i see most people posting for their loads since the beginning(always the same lot of powder). I shoulder bump .002. Even if the csrbon ring is there i was still .005 off the ring. and shooting .5 or better depending on me. And s.d and e.s where single digets on 15 round, then i took my chronny off, ran it out to 1200 and everything was spot on..
That carbon ring is spiking your pressure curve at ignition. This will give you the smiles on your brass even though your well below the book. This also explains the speed due to that pressure spike. Once you remove it your pressure issue will subside and speeds should be closer to normal. I'd go the solvent route first before using a grit. If you go beyond the ring while removing it you can screw up the barrel. A smith might be able to lap it back but he may not. I only know this from ruining a great shilen barrel I had using JB years ago.
2840 isn't out of what 4350 can run in a 26" but it is quite fast for sure. I was able to run 2855 using rl26 in a 24". I saw 2820's with Rl16 but it didn't have good anything till I backed off to about 2710-2730.
Causes can be trimming your brass too far/excessive headspace. H4350 burns clean compared to the Rl powders so scratch that. I brush my chamber and neck after shooting. I will shoot some wipeout for the ride home in my hunting guns while warm if I'm not hunting. These have load development done and now it's just testing new stuff. I try to always clean thoroughly for any component change. Sierria jackets are different than berger or mono's. Primers and powders same deal. Changing bullets or primers can change how the barrel fouls just as much as powder brands and burn rates.

Well i seated the bullet the old school way and let the gun seat it. And this is what it looked like.. it measured the 2.55 as it used to. The way it took the marker off the rest of the bullet below the lands i have to assume its a bad carbon ring as u guys stated..

Attachments

• 20181127_120930.jpg
    20181127_120930.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 177
Havent tried this myself but others have said/sworn that CLR cleaner makes short work of carbon and wont hurt steel/stainless. It might be worth researching in your case. Hopefully those with experience with this product will chime in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.