Advice for 6.5 creed and 147 eldm

Great article. Seems really important for guys running tons of rounds. For the average hunter probably won't do much to help. But it would be nice to have a comprehensive list of bullets that have been tested like this. It would get your seating depth in the ballpark real fast. I don't own ten rifles in any one caliber to try. I do shoot the 105 hybrid in 3 different rounds so I'm going to see if the seating depth range they suggested works for them.
Shep

I've seen that article before posting about the 147. It's good to know this bullet is jump insensitive. Sounds like guys run them from 10 thou off till 2.800". The general consensus is still H4350 which is extremely hard to get. I have a lb or so, the reloders are much more obtainable (-26).

I tried 10 or so powders in my Creed's. H4350 is the easiest one to tune to me. I couldn't get rl16 to shoot great even though it's close to h4350. If I ever ran out of h4350 I would go straight to h4831 because it's the next best in my rifles. I need extreme accuracy for 1000 yard compatition so I'm very picky. In a hunting rifle I would go 100 percent straight to rl26 and run them 2950 to 3000 fps.

I have 3 loads for this bullet in my Bergara hmr. 47.8 Reloder 26; 47.3 Reloder 26; 42.5 H 4350. Velocity from 22 inch barrel are: 2800; 2735 and 2635 respectively. All shoot .5 or better. CBTO is 2.179" which just fits in the mag. Tried .0010 out to .0050 off lands but mag length has always shot tighter groups.

Your losing more velocity than I thought you would with 22 inch barrel.
I know from 26 to 29 doesn't gain much

The loads were all developed in temps between 30 and 35 degrees F. I suppose I should chrono a few this summer when it hopefully gets to the mid 70's so I can get some additional data. I don't anticipate a big increase in speed, but a touch more with the H 4350 would be nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.