6.5 Sherman 147 ELDM and 156 Berger

waspocrew

Haven't had the chance to shoot my long action 6.5 Sherman for a while, but would like to find a good load with the 147 ELDM and 156 Berger.

I have RL-26, Retumbo, and H1000 available to use- anyone care to share their favorite loads or place to start?

This is the second mention I have seen of a Sherman built in a long action. Didn't thi k it could be done. At least not so that it shot right ( my ignorance) who built it and how does it work? I have a long action I would love to get one of Rich's SS's built on it.

This is the second mention I have seen of a Sherman built in a long action. Didn't thi k it could be done. At least not so that it shot right ( my ignorance) who built it and how does it work? I have a long action I would love to get one of Rich's SS's built on it.

Marioq,
My rifle is actually chambered in the 6.5 Sherman (based on 270 win or 280 Rem brass), not the SS.

The one he's talking about is the original 6.5 Sherman it's based off a 270 cartridge necked down to 6.5 then blown out it's like a 6.5 06AI with more bang.
Now the Sherman Short mags are true short mags and were built to be shot out of a short action BUT many like myself run LA with these SS cartridges so we can throat longer and run long heavy bullets way out there to get the absolute most. The SS feed just fine in a magnum LA with HS bottom metal.
Any gunsmith can chamber his rounds you just need a reamer from Rich. If you email call Rich he's a great guy will get you all sorted out and shooting one of his cartridges in no time.

Just starting to research and looking to build a 6.5 Sherman, Sherman max or 6.5-280ai. Would like to hit 3000 to 3300 with 140 or 156 Berger's. Planning on a proof research sendero light or Bartlien carbon 5R barrel in 22 or 24 inch Suppressed. Max on a mag long action to seat out for case capacity.

Any thoughts or advice?

I just had a 7-300 built by TS CUSTOMS. It's awesome.

Attachments

• CD1881B1-E1A7-450A-84D9-891245967279.jpeg
    CD1881B1-E1A7-450A-84D9-891245967279.jpeg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 148
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.