6.5 PRC 147 ELDM. N560 & N565?

I loaded up 15 rounds of 58.4gr of N565.

Then a little pressure ladder of 56, 56.5, 57, 57.5, 58gr of N560 just to see the results.

The 58.4 N565 should put me right around 2920fps I'm assuming.

In the five rifles I've put together, I've used cci 250's in all of them with either Rl-26 or N565.
I've got H4831sc and N570, I'll find something that agrees with 140's. N570 probably not ideal for 140s in a short action.

Did some testing today. 140 ELDM

N560 with 210M's

56gr. - 2949fps no pressure
56.5gr. - 2977fps faint bolt click
57gr. - 3033fps bolt click for sure (stopped here)

Then switched to my other N565 load.

58.4gr. - 2918fps av. with an ES of 12 over 7 shots.

The only downfall is that the groups tighten up significantly once I actually get into the pressure zone. But they still shoot decent being just below it. About .6" at 100 yards. But when I'm actually at pressure, they dang near want to go into the same hole.

...when I'm actually at pressure, they dang near want to go into the same hole.

I'd be interested to see if that continues over multiple strings or more smaller 3-4 shot groups. I've seen pressured loads do that only to have inexplicable fliers over larger sampling.

I've been using N565 but just ordered some N560 to try. Thanks for your load data. My loads are getting compressed at 57+ with N565.

I'd be interested to see if that continues over multiple strings or more smaller 3-4 shot groups. I've seen pressured loads do that only to have inexplicable fliers over larger sampling.

I've been using N565 but just ordered some N560 to try. Thanks for your load data. My loads are getting compressed at 57+ with N565.
You're absolutely right. It could totally be a fluke as well. I have good ES and some decent speed out of the N565 in a 20" barrel. Probably just stick there.

I have used N565 in my PRC for 140 VLD, 144 Hyb, 143 ELDX and 156 EOL. My current load with a new 24" CarbonSix barrel is Gunwerks (ADG) brass, Fed 210M, 54.8 grains of N565 and the 156 EOL. Accuracy node is at 2880 fps which makes it a legit 800 yard load if you use the 1800 fps and 1200+ lb/ft rule. Also puts 5 shots in 1 ragged hole at 100 yards. The case is pretty full but I don't have to compress the load due to the 2.990 COAL with 156s.
Make sure you try some large rifle primers. I pressured out really early using the 215Ms but the 210Ms let me get an additional 150 fps with better accuracy.
What did you think about N565 with the ELDX? What was your powder charge and brass you used?

Went and shot quite a bit with 140 ELDM's and N560 today. Loaded up 15 rounds

20" 1-7.5 twist Bartlein
210M Primer
56.2gr N560
2964 average velocity

Doing an .06 jump test in .02 increments, the best accuracy I could get was a hair over 1/2 MOA. And held 3/4 MOA out to 600 yards. I still don't think I'm getting the full potential out of the gun with these ELDM's. So I just ordered some 135 A-tips haha. Stay tuned.

135 A-tips were a bust. I've went back to the 140 ELDM with 56gr. N560. Still not a GREAT accuracy load, but decent. I thought I would settle there, but I was wrong lol. Bought some 140 VLD's and 131 Hammers to test out now. Basically I'm practicing load development with large groups sizes and looking for realistic expectations and changes when switching bullets or powders with this smaller rifle. Then I'll have a good realistic baseline with my bigger magnums also.

For the record, I actually "built" this gun to shoot the 124 hammers initially. 20" 1-7.5 twist Bartlein. And it does shoot them extremely well. I'm just messing around trying to find an equally accurate lead bullet for cheaper practicing.

135 A-tips were a bust. I've went back to the 140 ELDM with 56gr. N560. Still not a GREAT accuracy load, but decent. I thought I would settle there, but I was wrong lol. Bought some 140 VLD's and 131 Hammers to test out now. Basically I'm practicing load development with large groups sizes and looking for realistic expectations and changes when switching bullets or powders with this smaller rifle. Then I'll have a good realistic baseline with my bigger magnums also.

For the record, I actually "built" this gun to shoot the 124 hammers initially. 20" 1-7.5 twist Bartlein. And it does shoot them extremely well. I'm just messing around trying to find an equally accurate lead bullet for cheaper practicing.
I apologize for reviving this thread but what was a 'bust' on the 135 A-Tip? I was considering working up a load for them to use during an NRL Hunter Match. I don't want to waste time or components if there was an issue.

I apologize for reviving this thread but what was a 'bust' on the 135 A-Tip? I was considering working up a load for them to use during an NRL Hunter Match. I don't want to waste time or components if there was an issue.
I think it was about the lack of accuracy and a different bullet was a better option.

I think it was about the lack of accuracy and a different bullet was a better option.
Yep, just not the accuracy I was looking for was all. Could easily shoot tiny groups out if your rifle dude. I'd give them a shot for sure.