6.5 Creed replace the .308 for hunting?

I think we need to rid ourselves of all the rifles anyone could possibly have or need and just use the CM. It's the only thing that will handle any and all game from just passed the barrel to miles away. Hands down best cartridge ever lived. It's a one all do all one gun arsenal.

I guess it means in a perfect world, one shot DRT with the least amount of suffering as possible for the intended game
No not in a perfect world because that in realality doesn't happen much. What I was implying is use enough gun to take your intended animal with every lethal shot that presents itself. I'm concerned that the words ethically would raise anyone's reply. We all have ethics poor , high brow or domewhere in between!

308-65-ussocom-meme-700x467.jpg

Unfortunately Remington did not chose what turned out to be a more desirable twist rate to spec their 260 with. Yes I know when you build your own you can choose. But like the flubbed 280REM & 6mmREM, Remington flubbed again withe the 260 design.

The .280 is a great cartridge.
Yes it is but by introducing the cartridge in a pump rifle limited its performance (needed to be loaded at sub par pressures). This has hurt its popularity for so long it put behind its whole life. Anything 06 is great.25-06, 6.5-06, 270 or280 all very effective versatile hunting rounds.

There has been countless comparison between the 6.5 and the 308 The 6.5 no doubt is the perfect round but coming from the 308 I wouldn't trade it in for the 6.5

Yes it is but by introducing the cartridge in a pump rifle limited its performance (needed to be loaded at sub par pressures). This has hurt its popularity for so long it put behind its whole life. Anything 06 is great.25-06, 6.5-06, 270 or280 all very effective versatile hunting rounds.
I chambered a 98 Mauser in 280 Rem. The big deal was expanding the magazine!

Where did you get your idea for this sentence?
You did not understand ethical or respect of the animal , so I pointed out that a clean kill improves the quality of the meat from your harvested animal. Ethical taking of and animal is my moral obligation to cause as little suffering as possible. The reason I want ( for my self ) to carry what I deem as enough gun. Respect is my regard for that life I'm taking! What I gathered from you comment was you all all about the eating part , so I pointed out you have your own ethical standard! Table fare! I hope this clears it up for you.

You sound like a Jew or a Christian. The Old Testament tells us the righteous cares for his animals. This tact is way off from the direction of this thread. May I asked, where do you get your morals?

We've all heard shots early on opening day. One year I decided to "trophy" hunt. It's rare that I do that. I was not going to shoot anything unless the antlers were wider than the ears and had double forks on both sides. I was glassing before full daylight and something tells me, "Look to the left." I swung the 8X binos over that way and what do I see? A buck walking in the early light with horns wider than the ears. I let the binos go to their home on my chest and raised the rifle and started cranking the scope up. When I could see four points on both sides I fired. Then I looked at the scope magnification setting: 12X. Then I checked my watch: 8:15AM opening morning. I only hunted for about one hour. So much for the season that year.

You sound like a Jew or a Christian. The Old Testament tells us the righteous cares for his animals. This tact is way off from the direction of this thread. May I asked, where do you get your morals?

We've all heard shots early on opening day. One year I decided to "trophy" hunt. It's rare that I do that. I was not going to shoot anything unless the antlers were wider than the ears and had double forks on both sides. I was glassing before full daylight and something tells me, "Look to the left." I swung the 8X binos over that way and what do I see? A buck walking in the early light with horns wider than the ears. I let the binos go to their home on my chest and raised the rifle and started cranking the scope up. When I could see four points on both sides I fired. Then I looked at the scope magnification setting: 12X. Then I checked my watch: 8:15AM opening morning. I only hunted for about one hour. So much for the season that year.
Showing morality, compassion, and empathy towards taking the life of any animal you plan on using for your own sustenance, is not a "christian or jew thing". The jews are a bit weird about it, but their culture is very odd anyway... That being said, it has nothing to do with religion at all. We should ALL strive to give the animal as quick and humane a kill as we possibly can. As a matter of fact, most all polytheistic cultures also celebrate animals for their gift of life, that we end, to feed us and our families, as well. Native Americans, Saxons, Celts, Angles, Incas, Mayans, Buddhists, Hindus, etc... It's about respecting nature and the animal itself.

Have respect for the animals you kill. Taking pot-shots at animals and taking shots in questionable situations & environs should not happen. If you're not 200% sure you can make the shot and see your target, don't take it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.