6.5 creed 124HH final load

Well I may have to go farther with my ladder saw no pressure where I was but seeing higher FPS with 140's makes me think I'm doing something wrong. Heck nimrod is 25fps faster than me win alimony a whole gr less powder. That may be brass I'm using lapua brass which I was afraid was hiding pressure.
A 140 Berger may well run as fast or faster. Bearing surface makes a BIG difference!

I am running 42.9 at 2900fps with h4350 and adg brass. They are shooting sub
.4" 5 shot groups. I also had a good nose at 44.4 with very little velocity gain so I settled on 42.9 with a coal 2.820"

Well I may have to go farther with my ladder saw no pressure where I was but seeing higher FPS with 140's makes me think I'm doing something wrong. Heck nimrod is 25fps faster than me win alimony a whole gr less powder. That may be brass I'm using lapua brass which I was afraid was hiding pressure.
Could just be the barrel. I feel my current 7mm is on the slow side.

I bought a canister of RL17 to try the 117gr with I'll take 2900fps. Might be a bit of a bastard load running Fed 215's for primers but it's what I have.

This is my most used rifle now. And it shoots great and is easy to carry. You know that nagging thing in the back of your head that thinks you left some speed on the table. Lol that's how I ended up with so many rifles that are completely overbore for most my hunting. Lol

Your speed is also affected by round count down the barrel also. Especially in a new gun . When I first got my 7mm 08 encore I went through my "barrel break in " procedures and started trying to build a load only to learn from members here that until you get over about 100 rounds down the pipe you may not get the max speed out of said barrel. I was looking to get a little over 3000 with a nosler ballistic tip and until I had over 125 rounds down the barrel I was getting really close but wasn't averaging it consistently. That's with cleaning the barrel every 25 rounds. Now at round count 175 ish I'm averaging 3020 FPS and it's devestating on whitetail

I'm using 48.0 of R26 with the 124 Hammer in 3 different creedmoors and running the same 124 HH bullet with Varget in my 6.5x47 Lapua. I've shot groups in the .1's with every rifle and the 6.5x47 did a .002 3 shot group which is the smallest I've ever shot. I've killed a handful of hogs with them, a blackbuck and a few deer. I don't have velocities handy, but I'm pretty sure I'm right around 3000 with the 124 in a 24" barrel. The hammer hunters will copper foul - one of my guns started opening up the groups to .75ish as I'd been cleaning it with a special Boretech carbon remover that I use in my guns that shoot N-570. I switched back to regular boretech eliminator and got gobs of blue patches - let the barrel soak overnight a few times and bam, groups back in the .1's.

I've had a decent amount of rounds through it. I also use botetech eliminator.
Quickloads says I'm way over pressure so just trying. To get a consensus of where others are at.

I ran a pressure test with r26, Lapua small primer brass, rem 7.5, 143 eldx, Savage 12fv 26" barrel. Oal was somewhere around 2.9 if I remember right. 49gr gave me a slight ejector mark, and swipe, slightly heavier bolt lift. 3009fps. 48.5 slight swipe, but nothing else. 2984fps. 48 no pressure signs, 2938fps. You're running max compressed loads with r26 and the 140 class bullets, about 106% fill. I don't think you could get enough behind a 124 hammer to get some pressure. Reloder 16 might get you there snox. If you don't have any I've got a 1# that you could load a few off.

I do have some. How is that for temp sensitivity? Compared to varget.
I hunt a wide range of temps so I'm gonna stay on the safer side so when I fly from sub zero much to Texas I don't have any issue. Good thing is I do all my drops and data at warmer temps cause I have no place to shoot past 400 here In Michigan

I do have some. How is that for temp sensitivity? Compared to varget.
I hunt a wide range of temps so I'm gonna stay on the safer side so when I fly from sub zero much to Texas I don't have any issue. Good thing is I do all my drops and data at warmer temps cause I have no place to shoot past 400 here In Michigan
According to Hornadys data it's about 1/3 less temp sensitive than varget. They give varget .16 per degree, and r16 .11 per degree. I'm just down the road from you here in MI. The temp extremes just here are dumb. I try to run as temp stable of a powder as I can here!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.